Gold - gets 2 residences?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by linda092, Jul 18, 2018.

1. I went gold, thinking I can keep my smp7 original residence, and go to smp5 and claim my second residence. But I couldn't claim one: it said I already had one.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. It appears you are iron supporter
    ConductorConduit and 607 like this.
  3. you are right, Im iron. Don't I get 2 residences?
  4. I see the difference now. Is there a way I can upgrade to gold, without a hassle?
    607 likes this.
  5. You can purchase a gold supportership and get it immediately https://empireminecraft.com/upgrade/ or buy from a player and submit it to be redeemed which can take 48hrs or a bit more.
  6. Iron doesn't get any extra residences. Gold gets a total of 2 residences, and diamond gets a total of 4 residences. When you lose supporter, you will be able to keep your residences, but your limit will be set to 1. That means that if you get gold and have 2 residences, but then lose gold and unclaim a residence, you will have to get gold or diamond supporter again to claim a new one. :)
  7. If she gets Gold while she's still Iron, will she get to use the rest of her Iron another time, or will she have lost some potential there?
  8. I think the way it is set up is too complicated. I get 3 resident locations, which is not to say 3 residences. Very unclear. And the fact I lost out on the $5 I paid is, as 607, a consideration. I honestly don't like subscription gaming, but your site seemed worth it due to the particular extras, like not having to remake your base after some updates by Mojang.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  9. I'm not sure what you're basing this off, but you're mistaken, I think, as there is no difference between supporters and non-supporters as far as resets go. :) Residences are always kept unless you go derelict, the Wastelands are always reset, and the Frontier is never reset.
    Noebadi likes this.
  10. Residence location means a saved location on your residence. For example, I could make a tower on my residence, and then stand at the top and do "/res loc set top". That saves the location I'm at, and then I can get to it easily by doing "/home top".

That is further explained here:
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/residence-locations/

If you are unsure of anything else, I would be happy to help you out. :)
    607 likes this.
  11. Hey Noebadi,

If you just upgraded to iron (which you did), upgrading is pretty easy (and won't lose you any money). Simply purchase an iron supporter voucher and submit to redeemvoucher.emc.gs. Include a note that you are upgrading your current to gold for the month and I'll know to make it gold. You've already paid $5, so the additional $5 will bring you to the $10 needed for gold.

If you have any problems or have any more questions, please let me know. I'm available at pmcm.emc.gs if you ever need to talk. Sometimes the community is not as knowledgeable about supporter-related items, so please reach out to me instead to reduce confusion on everyone's part.

I'm glad you are enjoying EMC so far and hope that I've cleared up some confusion.
    FadedMartian, 607, Noebadi and 6 others like this.

12. Thanks Krysyy.

Don't bother to purchase one Noebadi; I will provide one for free.

Looking forward to another fellow Gold player!
  13. Sorry for a double post but I just discovered that OP is only 8 days old and I am a bit worried that they could overlook this (if I'd edit my post above and the in-game mail (it wouldn't be the first time)).

So what to do now:
    • Get online (you are at the time of writing).
    • Use: /mail get.
      • You're also a voter (good for you!!) so use this command several times if you need to ;)
    • An iron voucher will (eventually) pop up. Then follow up on Krysyy's post above mine.
    Also: a belated but very well meant warm welcome to the Empire. I hope you're going to have a lot of fun here. I agree that sometimes things can be a bit confusing at first but... when in doubt: ask. Trust me: the general opinion on the Empire is that there is nosuch thing as a stupid or dumb question. Most veteran players will be more than happy to help you out if you need a helping hand.

But yeah, really hope you're going to have a good time here!
    607, MoreMoople and Noebadi like this.
  14. You're right! So much to learn!
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  15. Yes! Thanks so much!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  16. Thank you!!!! I'm retired: I have lots of time to learn :) I also enjoy editing wikis, and writing in forums :) - well that part is obvious lol I'm done for today, but tomorrow I'll get going again. I'm thinking of writing an article called "The Adventures of a seasoned Minecraft player starting out on Empire. Shock!"
  17. I would love to read that!

If you like editing wikis and writing, you might want to apply to join the contribution team once you've gotten settled and learned more about EMC. :)

More information about the contribution team here if you're interested:
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/community-teams/#contribution-team

Also, you can quote more than one post at once. That way you can respond to multiple posts without creating many separate posts. :)
    FadedMartian, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Ok, I did as asked yesterday. I should be Gold anytime soon, right?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. Yeah, but do keep in mind that activating the vouchers is a manual task done by Krysyy. She checks for requests very often but not every day. Give it a few days and you should turn gold soon enough.
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  20. Today was activity day with the hubby. I'll be home soon to get this for you.