[Closed]Giving out free XP - Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kryarias, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I had an idea that when 1.14 comes out I can make one of those farms where sugarcane is the item and bamboo is the fuel and you can get infinite xp from it. So do you guys think I should make it so anyone can use it? What I basically mean is anyone who wanted to could go and get free xp.

Please leave your thoughts and suggestions down below.
  2. yeah this could be good for mending gear however how fast you gain xp would matter because the gold farms are very good at getting you lots of xp quickly, plus you get gold. but I do think It could be a good idea for people who want to stay in town or can't use their swords until they are mended :p
    607, Jaqque_r0x, Burki and 1 other person like this.
  3. EMC isn't usually in the business of giving out free XP without doing anything, vanilla intention or not. (See gold farm XP nerf last year.) It might be best to wait to see what changes come before planning things from newer versions.
    607 and Kryarias like this.
  4. Ok thanks for your input.
  5. You still think that cactus will give xp out of furnaces though right?
  6. Impossible to say. Only the Devs would know. (Just don't bug them asking :p ) It's a vanilla feature but for EMC just would seem far too easy to get XP. You could just sit there 24/7 gaining XP.
  7. True but I don't think they will take it away all together but who knows.
  8. They did with Gold Farms from dying aggro pigmen.
  9. What do you mean.
  10. In a vanilla game, if you keep 1 pigman aggro, all the rest near it will also be aggro. Because of this they would drop XP. The same as if you killed it yourself or if you used a dog to kill it. On EMC this is not enabled.
    607 likes this.
  11. Closed by request.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.