[GIVEAWAY] Let's have a little fun with my misery

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ElfinPineapple, Mar 28, 2017.

1. So as many of you have noticed I've been lacking on EMC recently. This month has been a major wave of writing as I had to draft and will soon defend a 35 page paper before a committee for my Master's degree. So in a random spur of the moment thing I decided to have a little fun with it since I've been torturing myself with it.

The rules are simple: Guess the final word count of my paper in this thread. The word count will include all body text, footnotes, and the bibliography. Whoever comes the closest to guessing it correctly wins 50,000 rupees. If there is a tie the rupees will be split among those who tied.

Here's what you need to know for the purposes of making your guess: the body of the paper is a minimum of 35 pages in length and is written in Times New Roman, font size 12, with double spaced pages and 1 inch margins. Footnotes are Times New Roman, font size 12, single spaced. Bibliography is Times New Roman, font size 12, single spaced with one space in between each citation.

Anyone and everyone is able to participate. I intend to submit the paper before the deadline on April 6th, but I will figure out the winner on that date.

If you got questions feel free to let me know. It's actively being worked on as I type this so I can't give any definitive numbers at this point in time beyond what's already given to you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Alts are not permitted to participate and players permanently banned on the EMC servers at the time of the drawing will be removed from consideration.
  2. 175,000 words

My body is ready
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Probably a good time to note this isn't a dissertation I'm writing. :p

EDIT: Or a book. I'd be melted in a pond at this point if it was.
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Oh.... maybe 15,000 words
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. 21946 words

I pulled that out of my armpit since I don't feel like doing any actual maths based on the details given :p
    Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. 14,450 words cause I dunno
  7. Its technically possible, but the footnotes and bibliography serve as equalizers for those who want to try and work out the count on Word. You *might* be able to get a 95% confidence on the body text through Word, but the footnotes and bibliography throw a wrench into it :)
  8. 20,202 words. Good luck with the last part! I'm sure you'll do well. :)
  9. 19,973 words. Good luck with your thingy mabob.
  10. but if u are working on it right now then cant u still change the word? ^.^
  11. It's an evolving work and would be unrealistic to measure at this point in time (especially since I just added words to it before seeing your post). So what I'm going to do is take the word count when the paper is submitted next week and use that as the basis to determine the winner.
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. 17 200 words
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. 10800 words.

That's about what my final paper was to try and get into the nursing program at my college.... My college was also kind of weird as it took the usual stuff and then you had to do a thesis type paper of 30+ pages for the body alone on WHY you wanted to be in the nursing program.....

Hope you succeed in fighting the monster that can be the Committee!!!!
    SirCue, Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. 19555 be there! I could use 50kr
    SirCue, Tuqueque and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. 23333

I hate writing papers.
  16. After performing much voodoo, performing satanic rituals and sacrificing a number of goats to the Dark Lord Cthulhu, the word count of your paper has been presented to me in the form of 5 digits. These digits are

17. 17500...

Cuz why not.

Just woke up to this.

Edit: and for avoid any disputes over accuracy... I would presume that you plan to count each and every word personally... and not rely on some hokey word count algorythm.........

Misery being the key word here....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. 16324
    Equinox_Boss likes this.