[Giveaway] iTunes gift card

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JesusPower2, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Prize:
    $25 iTunes gift card (code only)

To Enter:
    Post a Bible verse.
    Can be short form instead of full-text if you prefer. ex: (Genesis 1:1)
    Optionally include a reason why you chose that verse.

Deadline:
    Sept 17, 12pm EMC time

Other:
    Recipient will be determined by some method in which I will remain impartial.
    One entry per real person please.
  2. ex:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"

This verse marks the text used for the #1 hit song "Turn! Turn! Turn!" (The Byrd's 1965)
    MoreMoople, 607 and FadedMartian like this.
  3. An actual iTunes gift card! I thought this would be a piece of paper renamed on EMC. :p
    Hm, what to post... I always have one in my signature, but it would seem uninteresting to pick that. :p Can a verse be picked by multiple people? Because otherwise I'll stay away from the more popular ones. ;)
    I'll get back to this later!
  4. 1 Corinthians 15:58
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  5. Sure. Seems fine to me. :)
  6. Proverbs 22:6. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you"
    FadedMartian and JesusPower2 like this.
  7. Interesting! I'll see if I can find something. :)

I'm curious, what does that say?
  8. I thought we weren't allowed to giveaway real life money..
  9. I was going to enter, but I found myself having to google bible verses..

Not very honourable of me, even as a Christian, it's sad that I cannot even think of a bible verse other than John 3:16 from the top of my head. So, I'm not going to enter, because what do I benefit from sharing knowledge that I have barely any understanding of?
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  10. No worries, it's not a contest. You're in. :)
    607 likes this.
  11. "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
    MoreMoople likes this.
  12. So are you choosing people randomly?
  13. chance/fate/destiny/ordained, however you want to look at it.

But really I don't know how exactly. Whatever the method, I agree to be fair and will not influence the outcome.
    607, FadedMartian and Otus_NigRum like this.
  14. I don't want to enter for a few reasons but I think this is a really cool idea JesusPower2!
    FadedMartian and JesusPower2 like this.
  15. Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  16. Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  17. John 15:3

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend

I found this to be inspiring and I got the message that love is sacrificing yourself for everything you care about.
    607 and JesusPower2 like this.
  18. John 15:13 was always good, but I like psalms 144, personally.
    belac555 and JesusPower2 like this.
  19. What were you curious about? :p Because if you were curious about the contents of the verse, you could have simply Googled it. ;) Even if you don't know about the common translations, any pick from the first results should give a good indication, I'm sure.

Alright, then I'll go with Matthew 5:13, because it's attached to EMC for me (if you don't know, my becoming Member of the Month felt as a confirmation of this verse).
    Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
    And here's a bonus verse, because whenever I read verses such as this I consider how humorous it might be to use them for something like this. :p (or even a marriage text)
    Joshua 12:18
    The king of Aphek, one; the king of Lasharon, one;
    JesusPower2 and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  20. They are not of this world just as I am not of the world. - John 17:16

This verse has always been a great reminder to myself that I'm here temporarily and to live for Christ while I am, but that greater things await. It has always put the troubles of life into perspective for me.
    607, Prairie_Fire and JesusPower2 like this.