[Giveaway] 34k Giveaway + Please delete my posts

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 72Volt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Hello everyone. I have made this thread for two reasons.

Firstly, I am not active on EMC. But I still have around 34k and a bunch of items. Everyone post a number between 1 and 1000, and in one week's time, I will use a random number generator to generate a number, and whoever is closest wins.

Secondly, I have made nearly 4,000 posts over the last ~6 years on EMC. I'm now 18 years old. Some of those posts date back to when I was 13. As you can imagine, there's probably some stuff amongst it I'd rather not have on the internet, for peace of mind. I've spoken to Kryssyy and staff have no mass delete option.

I would like to ask everyone to please look through my post history and report any posts you find asking staff to delete them (except ones on this thread). The further back in time they are, the better, but any little helps. If you could do your bit to help protect my privacy, I would be extremely grateful.

Please note the giveaway is not linked to the post deletion in any way - it's just to make sure this thread is bumped frequently so attention is brought to it and the process can be sped along. Please consider entering the giveaway and reporting some of my posts for deletion. Thank you!

One further note: please do not post screenshots or discussions on this thread of any posts you find that I have made in the past. These will have to be deleted as well, creating extra work. I want it all gone. :)
  2. Thanks for the giveaway!
    Number 17 please :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Ty for doing this and 7
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Its lovely of you to do a giveaway! :D
    #222 please!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Can't you just rename your account? Or if 72Volt is private, surely no one will make a connection between the two.

Number 200 anyway <3
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. Thanks for the giveaway :) number 22 please :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. 333 please :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. nr 777 please :)
    and i'll try to keep an eye out for those posts :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I could sit and go through your post history for hours asking for deletions. One question though, are we going to get into trouble for reporting your posts? I don't want to bring trouble on anybody by asking for deletions.
    ChespinXMas2k16 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. This has been discussed with staff. Nobody will get into trouble.

I don't think it works like that.
  11. Thanks for hosting the giveaway! I'll take #542.

EDIT: I said something similar to another member when he returned and was in a similar situation: You shouldn't let what you said in the past impact you in the present. Many of us have been negative, hateful, or otherwise said some things that we regret in the past, but what matters is that you can build off of it without trying to hide it.
  12. Hi 72Volt! I remember you! No amount of deletions will erase the awesome person you were when we both played here :)

I'll take number 500 please :)
  13. Thanks for the giveaway!
    I'll take 27:)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Hey! You had a res near me a little over a year ago. But sadly you went derelict and it was reset. I'll take number 166.
  15. thanks for the giveaway, ill take 666.
  16. Thx 14 please!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Bump!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. thank you ill take 720
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Thanks for the giveaway.
    I choose 843.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. I'll take 72 please :)

And we all have those frankly embarrassing posts from when we were 12 or whatever. But every post makes up part of EMC's history. Your older posts are probably some of the more memorable and significant ones from the early years of EMC.

I understand wanting certain posts gone, but I've really got to suggest that you reconsider wanting every post we find gone. Chances are, one day all of these posts here will be gone. But while they're still here, they make up a unique part of EMC's history. And for those of us who have been here for as long as you, they make up a sizeable portion of our recent memories.