[Give away] - August = alt appreciation month!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by GripCEO, Aug 5, 2018.

?

Do you have an alt or are you one?!

Poll closed Sep 2, 2018.
I have one (ore more?) alts. 31 vote(s) 60.8%
I am an alt, we rule!! :) 5 vote(s) 9.8%
What the heck is an alt? Is it contagious?!?! <sprays anti-alt spray> 1 vote(s) 2.0%
I don't have an alt (but I'd really like to have one!) 9 vote(s) 17.6%
No alts for me, alts are scary! :P 4 vote(s) 7.8%
Other (please respond below if you'd like, thanks!). 1 vote(s) 2.0%
  1. Hi gang!

It is August, August begins with an 'a', so does the word 'alt' and therefor August = Alt appreciation month :D

Now, being an alt and all means that I really can't do much without approval from my main, nasty stuff, but fortunately I have my own 5 vault pages (my main is somewhat greedy; doesn't even allow me to have 6 vault pages :( ) and guess what? I saved some stuff up in there :)

The give-away / event is over, the results are posted below!

Prizes
    1. A vault voucher.
    2. A stable voucher.
    3. A feast for a king 'voucher' (note: this is merely a paper promo).
    ... yet I reserve the right to add to this prize pool over time to add a bit of chaos into here :)

Your task, should you chose to accept it...

Share something about alts. Maybe you have a funny story about an alt? Or maybe something sad? Maybe an alt saved your live someday? Lets hear it!

Don't have an alt? No worries: just share what you might do if you had one, or maybe share why you don't want one (all good!). And you can always make something up, just as long as it does good for us alts :)

Also: share a number from 1 to 255 (8bit only! :cool:), so when all else fails then we'll resort to the luck of the draw. Or maybe both... or maybe my main will complain and think of something cool ;)

Either way!

Let's appreciate alts this month ok? AND... let's ALSO appreciate the fact that EMC has a very lenient policy towards alts and allows folks like me in :D

ALTS ALLOWED!

I know, I know... some might think this could be cheating but trust me that my main has something in mind to counter against that. He never really liked alts from the start I think, always muttering and being grumpy around me. Did I ever tell you the story when my main actually build a subway through my frickin' residence? Seriously! But I showed them :p

And he also always wants to confiscate my bonus rewards :( Yes, being an alt can be hard sometimes.

errr, wait, where was I? Oh right! The give away ;)

So alts entries are allowed, also because there are more ways how winners are going to be determined (more entries doesn't necessarily give you more chances. More GOOD entries though....).

Already entered numbers

9 - Foxy_kitty
    13 - purplebook163
    21 - THE_OP_VILLAGER
    27 - luckycordel
    33 - EvilTadpole
    42 - Smooshed_Potato
    54 - WeezerNL *
    64 - Mystery2695
    69 - ShyguytheGamer1
    77 - SkeleTin007
    111 - D1rt_Lord
    155 - Otus_Nigrum
    222 - JeffiGaming
    255 - belac255

* Last added

PS: This is hard work! I should consider getting an alt to do all this work for me :D
  2. It is obvious that these prizes... aren't really that good (no offense to my alt, but 6 7 votes and no entries? You smell! :D).

Wait.. that's saying that I smell.. uhm.. language Shell... ok:

Let's throw in a Dirt Destroying Ticking Tock into the prize pool (this is honestly my favorite promo on the entire Empire, so fitting this...).

More updates to follow "later", right now I got a waste base to re-explore :)
  3. EyeCar took this selfie a while back with my family.

Please don't enter me in any give away
    ShelLuser, luckycordel, 607 and 7 others like this.
  4. if I had an alt I would cheat by using 5 other accounts to enter in this giveaway

number #155 please
  5. If I had an alt, I would get more residences :p

Thanks for the giveaway TheOtherShell!

#42 please
    ShelLuser and luckycordel like this.
  6. I've heard that they can be good for just hanging out with less distractions than main accounts ^_^
    Number 33 would be wonderful ;)
  7. To lazy to log them in with updated skins and green names.

8. If I had a alt that I remembered the login for I would make a couple of dank storage res

Btw Shel you're L33T days old dude.
    ShelLuser, luckycordel, 607 and 3 others like this.
  9. I married my alts on 8 :p I’ll take 21
  10. I think Shel is really the console's alt and he's using this thread to weed out all of the people that use vpns to have secret alts o-o

No giveaway for me, please.

i joke
    MoreMoople, ShelLuser and luckycordel like this.
  11. Hey there! My name is Azoundria and I have 365 alts so I can use a different one each day of the year! :)

P. S. I respect Azoundria and their brilliance this isn't meant to be offensive at all.
    Foxy_Kitty and luckycordel like this.
  12. Aw, I haven't got any new alt stories since last year's AA month. :(
    luckycordel likes this.
  13. I have 2 alts. One hangs out on smp1 at Lucky Kingdom in the frontier. The other does nothing lol.
    My main and alts all vote daily. Home is smp4.

May I have 27 please?
  14. i would love to get a alt but it would probably sit unused most of the time

number 255 pls
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  15. If I had an alt, more reses on smp2 :p

I would like number 77
  16. A small bump and a small addition. I noticed that I totally forgot to mention a closing time, stupid me.

This event will end upcoming Friday evening (my local time) : 17th of August. Around 22:00 my local time, which means around 16:00 EMC time.

I'll also do something about that meager price pool ;)
    luckycordel likes this.
  17. I do have two alts. When I have them both on, we roleplay. Basically I switch between the accounts on separate windows and be mean and satirical to each other without getting banned.

I'll take number 69 because why not.
  18. I once made a chamber under my res where I would store all my alts. There were these water filled rooms with glass covering them. Sci-fi stuff :p
  19. I once played some new players with my alt. I logged my main off after rambling on endlessly about some topic I looked up to seem smart. Then with my alt I said that my main was super smart and stuff. My friend logged on half way through this and saw what I was doing :p he then said "Foxy stinks". Then I logged my main back on, said I didn't stink, and logged back off. They're still confused to this day :p

I choose lucky #9 please :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  20. How dare you take all the credit master.. :eek:
    luckycordel and ShelLuser like this.