Ghast spawn rate

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by serialkicker, Aug 27, 2013.

?

Is ghast spawn rate too high?

Yes. 11 vote(s) 64.7%
No. 6 vote(s) 35.3%
  1. Sounds like good times. :cool: I would like to live in that era.
  2. ghastocolypse was scary, like 5 ghasts would spawn at the same time
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Oh, he said spawn rates were reduced ... :/
  4. They were reduced (or some other change that greatly effected their spawning), and thats what we have now. :p
  5. Ghastopalypse or whatever it was dubbed happened in early September 2012 as part of the changes I previously said were in that November. Here's a post I made with a couple of screenshots I took. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/...silence-of-the-lambs.14895/page-9#post-253568

Looking back and after re-reading some of the thread, I find post #168 pretty comical. Aikar gives an explanation of what he changed as it regards Ghasts in post #173.

It was way more than 5 Ghasts at a time. I had just finished a Blaze grinder and hadn't taken the time yet to Ghast proof it because it had been so tame then they called me back out there and I had to repair it under fire. Quite an adventure.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. Yes, so high. Ghasts, my least favorite mob that I hate the most, they pop up everywhere all the time and are soooo annoying!
  7. Calling you out on this. Less then a year ago Aikar messed with the spawn rates of mobs in general and caused ghasts to spawn like crazy to the point where there was so many spawned in a small area around the player that you had ghasts hitting each other as well as decimating the surroundings. He did end up fixing it in a way to make it so it spawned less then that horrible mess but I still think he still altered it in a few ways. There are even posts showing screenshots that were put up a while back showing all these ghasts all over the screen.

Granted I haven't been into the nether for a while. But that's mainly cause someone decided to mess with it and add nether hounds and such making it more of a pain then it already was.
  8. Sorry about that , the last time spawn rates were messed with was about 10 months ago. My apologies.

Not really relevant to the discussion, nor the place to complain things you have a problem with.
    Equinox_Boss and PenguinDJ like this.
  9. I like ghasts
    *ghast whooshing* ;)