getting kicked

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Merek_Shadower, May 23, 2017.

1. Heya Staff...

been kicked for just simply farming. Happened 3 times now.

Can you check the details ? I was afk collecting sugarcane and was kicked for being afk because I didn't switcch hands.

FIX THIS please!!
  2. I need more details. What you say shouldn't be kicking you, unless the server is at max capacity.
    607 likes this.
  3. I have myself or an alt at an afk farm. But I was cutting sugarcane and 3 times I was kicked from sever saying .... I ws idel too long and server kicked me.
  4. EMC automatically kicks players that are AFK at peek times, so that players who are active can also play on EMC and dont have to wait for a slot to be free. This could be the cause for your kick.
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  5. It says you go "away" if you don't switch tools while working. but getting kicked for using voters tools for an extended period of time needs to stop. My alt was afk with no tools at all just waiting for sugarcane to fall and he was kicked repeatedly.
  6. I am working and playing. I am a supporter why do you kick me?
  7. I am not sure I completely understand what you mean, but if you are not moving your character your status will eventually automatically set to away. This is completely intentional to prevent the server from benig filled with people who are AFK.

EDIT: EMC can't see wheter you have an active alt or not, so that is why you still need to move your alt a bit to prevent yourself from going afk
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  8. There are 2 reasons the system will kick you if you are marked away; Either the server was full OR the server was severely lagged.

The kick message you could have got was:
    "You were kicked for idling too long while the server is too full."
    or
    "You were kicked for idling too long while the server was lagging."

~Socks
    607 likes this.
  9. YUP AND THE LATER was while I working..........
  10. I have noticed that the server will mark you afk even while you're moving your character, just right clicking on any block will tell the server you're still here and it'll tell ya "You are no longer away." because you tried "using" an item on a block. Walking around alone isn't going to keep you from getting marked afk, but if you're actively working with tools or your hands, you won't get marked afk.

AFK people will only get kicked for 1 of 2 reasons, the server is near, at, or over max capacity (45) and the server will kick afk players to free up slots for regular players who want to get in. Another reason is if the server gets below 16 TPS (ticks per second). I could be completely wrong with 16 could be more or less.

Supporters are not exempt from the AFK kick.
  11. If that is the case I suggest that if you see the "You are now away" message pop up that you do 'something' else for a second. The system may not be seeing you as 'active'.

There are certain things (moving around is one of them) that do not count for being active due to the large amount of AFK circumvention in the past. Also, the system will not immediately kick you after being set away so if you are actively playing the game you should have no issues avoiding future kicks.

~Socks
    607 likes this.
  12. I can confirm that you can be marked as "away" while actively working. I was once building a massive glass wall. While holding shift & placing the wall 2 deep at a time I was marked as "away" multiple times. I finally resorted to scrolling my mouse wheel to switch items in my hand & switch back again when it would say I was away. Clearly active & working (placing DC's worth of blocks)... still got marked as afk.
    607 likes this.