Get Paid to make Pixel Art for me!

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by Extendingskys, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Hi all,
    I've recently gotten back into my SMP2 spawn repair project. Everything is just ye olde "remove creeper holes, flatten dirt". However, there's one thing that I cannot do myself, which is have the creativity of the entire community. Some of you may remember a little over a year ago when I held a pixel art contest. Well, it turned out well, but I was hoping for more pixel art entries. I think that being a contest, it was less attractive to the more economic individuals. So, here is the natural next step in my goal, which is to just straight up pay people!

Enough with the intro, onto the details:
    • I will pay you 10,000 rupees to build a large piece of pixel art for me.
    • I will supply colored wool for you to use, however you may bring or use any materials you like.
    • You may complete up to three creations for me (This is because I want to have as many different people contributing as possible).
    • The pixel art must be completed in the following location:

• SMP2 Frontier Center! All around the spawn is a giant border of spruce pillars. You should build between these pillars
      • Please build your art 1 block in front of the pillar, and up to 2 blocks thick.
      • Please leave a 3 block gap above land, or 7 blocks above water.
        • This is to allow players in horses or boats to pass freely underneath.
    • You may build as high as you'd like, higher than the pillars if you want.
    • You may use any blocks for your art.
    • Each "slot" you build in counts as 1 build. You may build three separate art pieces, or you can have one larger piece of art that spans across multiple slots.

• Your art must be substantial enough to nicely take up the slot.
      • You do not have to span the entire slot horizontally or vertically. It simply has to be large enough to show effort and detail. See here in 3D mode to check out some of the art from the past. You will notice the art is extremely varying in size. How large the art is isn't that important, just as long as it's substantial enough to show a nice picture. If it's significantly smaller than anything currently there, then you may want to reconsider.
    • Please light up your build.
      • Preferably by torches on the back of it (the side facing away from spawn). This makes it look much nicer at night. There will be DCs of torches for you to use in the desert temple.
    Other Rules:

• Regarding payment:
      • Feel free to work for free if you'd like, I won't complain :p
      • If you build a multi-slot build (spanning 2-3 slots), you will be paid based on how many slots. So, building 3 separate pieces of art in 3 slots and building one large piece of art that spans 3 slots will result in the same payment.
    • I reserve the right to deny payment to low effort builds.
      • Due to the subjective nature of this, it is extremely unlikely that I will deny anyone payment. This is just here so that if somebody decides to be a smartass with a 3 block piece of "modern art", then I can say no to them. If you put in effort, even if it doesn't look good, you will be paid. This is not about making the most beautiful collection of pixel art. This is about capturing the ideas, interests, and varying skills of the community.
    • Your art may constitute anything. I previously said:
      • Obviously you have to follow EMC rules with this. I didn't have a problem with this last time, so please continue that. I don't want to have to explain to the staff why there's a collection of questionable pictures outside of SMP2 spawn.
      • There are lots of sites for making pixel art out of other images, such as here. You can draw your own pixel art, convert an image you like, or copy someone else's pixel art template.
      • Please do not build the same pixel art that someone else has built for this already. You can do the same character, but don't copy them or use the same source image, or else it would be less interesting.
    • Please place your art in /buildmode to prevent griefing
    • Please place a sign somewhere on or under your art with your signature/name. This is just to keep a nice record of who made what, for history :)
    There will be free wool of all colors, torches, and scaffolding in the desert temple at SMP2 frontier spawn.
    If you have any questions or need any clarifications, please ask. Please PM me with the location of your build when you have completed it so that I may go bask in its beauty and send you the money.
    Thank you all, and happy building!
    liamwill and wafflecoffee like this.
  2. Bump and some edits for clarity in the posting
  3. I'll try
    UltiPig likes this.