[Gaming] Rust

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cowland123, Oct 14, 2015.

?

Rust

Heard of it. 7 vote(s) 53.8%
Play it. 2 vote(s) 15.4%
Never heard of it. 2 vote(s) 15.4%
I might play it. 2 vote(s) 15.4%
  1. Hey guys!
    You may have noticed I've been really inactive since like March and the reason for that is the game Rust (not iron oxide :p) So for those of you who don't know, rust is post apocalypse survival minus zombies. It is similar to Minecraft in many ways but it also has similarities to a 1st person shooter game. It is still in Alpha but I was wondering if any of you play it so we could share tips/team up or something. Just post below if you play or want to know more about the game.( If you look it up on youtube make sure the youtuber is Holdacious or ShadowFrax because they keep censor ON as everyone should but some youtubers don't. Also in in modded gameplay butts are not censored)
  2. Totally haven't heard of it because you haven't told me of it :rolleyes: but in all seriousness I might try it out with ya :)
  3. Honestly, I'm massively disappointed I spent money on this game, the community is super toxic and I'd much rather play DayZ or Unturned. It's also not my lack of playing these sorts of games, as I played DayZ religiously for about a year and Unturned never fails to pull me back into it.

I would recommend, if possible, to buy/rent your own server for Rust and split the cost with some friends who also play it. This will help to better insure that there are no hackers, and fewer toxic people to play with. This is just my two cents, and I realize that some people PREFER Rust's community to DayZ and other games, I am simply telling you how I would play this game if I wanted to properly enjoy it.
  4. Just my opinion, but I agree highly with what Spiritress said. The community isn't exactly "welcoming", which isn't too surprising to me, but the gameplay also confused me quite a bit. I joined in on the first day and the first thing that happens is I get my skull bashed in by a rock from some enemy. This happened five times before I could get something to make a weapon with. I don't mind the game - just not for me. ;)
    Spiritress likes this.
  5. I agree the community is brutal but I'm gonna take a guess you both started on a high population server. Like an official server or rustafied. Those are notorious people who have nothing better to do with their lives so they play ALL the time, they get high leveled and snipe beginners just for fun ( they don't even loot the bodies) or they get an assault rifle and gun down all the new guys spawning in on the beaches. These guys really are annoying I agree but try a low population server before you give up on it altogether. The server I mainly play on has 2-8 people on at a time and you hhardly ever see anyone, just the occasional base. It's a lot more pve.

6. Hence my original post here. It reaches a point that if you want to get one of these low population servers. it's more pain than it's really worth. I've played a sad 13 hours on Rust (over a course of two years), with high and low population servers. It's just not my type of game when you pair it with the community. This kind of game just attracts a certain "type" of person, and I'm honestly not interested in playing with those types of people.
  7. I hadn't heard of it before, so I scoped out YouTube real quick. The tools and a lot of the look is exactly like a game I played on my phone called Radiation Island. It was a really cool survival game with no PVP at all until you "beat" the main story line of the game. I really enjoyed it, but think I would hate the PVP attacks in Rust.
  8. Tbh. I love playing this game. Yeah the people aren't nice. You'll be greeted with a racial slur/gun shot/spear/bow n arrow/ Torch Fight/ Rock to the head/ anything else used to kill people most of the time when coming across players but its very fun survival. Though the game in its alpha stages, so its not entirely perfect yet, there is quite a lot of content in the game + being added every 2 weeks (thursdays). If y'all ever play it. Catch me on the Seattle Server but state your business and who you are immediately. I shoot first, loot, and ask questions after. Gotta be a bit ruthless to survive in this type of game.

Though Cowland123, there is something you should point out before telling the EMC Community about this game. Besides the people that are somewhat horrible on there, there is nudity in the game as you start out with literally nothing but a rock and a torch. I would advise all under the adult age to get parent permission before getting this game for those reasons. For anyone else. Be prepared to rage quit a lot. You can spend hours building a house/base and someone/a clan can come by and destroy everything you have for no reason whatsoever. You have been warned.
    Spiritress likes this.