Games

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Silken_thread, Jul 23, 2021.

1. List any building games similar to Minecraft that you play
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  2. None! Minecraft is unique. ;)
  3. Minetest, Terraria. Garry's Mod, if that is considered to be a building game.
  4. Not so similar, but enjoyed No Man's Sky (NMS) and Oxygen Not Included (ONI).

NMS has great atmosphere and captures the feeling of new exploration. Plus base building, item hoarding etc.

ONI has two layers of appeal for me. One is the just the fun building/crafting and progression. The other is the deeply technical machine construction/logistics. (It's optional end game.)

If you want an alternative minecraft, maybe look at the "Enigmatica 2: Expert" mod pack. It's a mash of many interesting gameplay mods, but with a progression & questing mechanic to guide you. Even has rockets so you can fly to the moon! So good I've played it twice now.
    607 likes this.
  5. I quite liked that one game that was a Minecraft clone but it was a war game and you ended up with battles that would descend into trench warfare and last months.... then Jagex acquired it and screwed it up by trying to make it a procedurally generated CoD clone with a zombies mode, officially released it on Steam and it lost its entire playerbase
  6. What game are you talking about?
  7. Just found it lol

It was called Ace of Spades.

From wikipedia...

This is the original version of the game:
    607 likes this.
  8. I would recommend Empyrion. If you like to build, that's in your alley : base building and ship building with a real possibility for design. Plus it has the minecraft hoarding aspect. And exploration of the whole galaxy, with absolutely stunning vistae.
    607 likes this.
  9. rust, conan exiles, the forest
  10. Never heard of it! Interesting!