Games Server Coming August 2017!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jul 25, 2017.

1. I think this could be a very ingenious move for the server. And I don't know if this is what is happening or even the intention of the move or not. Most of us know how very popular many of these mini-game servers are. If EMC could try to induce new players to come to the server using this model and then keep them by getting them into the survival side of it that would be huge. I don't do much on these servers but I do enjoy the hunger games one sometimes. Will we have hunger games?
  2. Super duper Hyped for this : DDDDDD
    _Rem__ likes this.
  3. Yay, I have something other than Canadian weather to look forward to!

4. Games server is not intended to strictly imply mini-games. I am including some old statements from Krysyy which vaguely describe the philosophy of the games server.

Point being, the games server will have some more automated options for events/games. We do not have the developer power to provide the same type of mini-games as the ONLY mini-game networks out there. That isn't what EMC is about (remember we are primarily a survival server). BUT we are certainly working on more options to expand without abandoning our primary goals.
    The note about not dev anymore, more on staff. Means that since we are limited on developer time, we were able to involve other members of the staff team to help in non-code ways.
    607, TuckerAmbr and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Honestly... I'm happy to hear this because it did take away some concerns I had after reading the news about the games server. Nothing negative, nothing critical, none of that but I'm just happy to hear that the focus does indeed lie on "and", so survival and an additional games feature.

Thanks for sharing and clearing that up!
    607 likes this.
  6. Oh. Also. When we release games server. That will not be its final form! They have plans to expand it further after the initial release. Opening it up to the community is only the first (big) step.
    ShelLuser, 607 and AncientTower like this.
  7. That all sounds very, very good indeed!! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. This mean you're coming back to EMC?
    SkeleTin007 and NuclearBobomb like this.
  9. Since we're all posting reaction gifs about how supercalifragilisticexpialidocious this is.

DrMadFate and ShelLuser like this.
  10. mhm, sure. Is this gonna be like the wastelands where it just never resets until 5 months later from the original date?
  11. don't know if this was asked yet but are you going to leave the old like mob arena, firefloor, etc plots empty?
  12. Disappointed in the community for their failure to post the excited baby gif three pages in. I thought better of you...
  13. I've been waiting for this since I've first heard about it on some survey years ago, nice to see it is coming around. Thanks to everyone who put heard work into it!
  14. "Contribution Team Leads" rip us
    EnderMagic1 and NuclearBobomb like this.

15. Yay! It has only said "Games coming soon" for a few years now....
    DrMadFate, Hashhog and _Devil__ like this.
  16. _Devil__ likes this.
  17. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down the first day its opens due to too many players joining all at once :p
  18. This never felt so beautiful to see a new game server for us to enjoy <claps> I am so proud <sniffles> ;)
    _Devil__ likes this.
  19. :OOOOOOOOOOO holy crap! lets goo! :DDDDDD