[GAME RECOMMENDATION] Wildstar

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ElfinCarrot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hey so, I've been super busy with IRL and other stuff recently, so unfortunately I haven't been able to play all too much on EMC. However I still wish to be a part of the community, and I'd like to bring up a really fun, accessible PC MMO, called Wildstar.

Wildstar, in my own opinion, is an improved version of WoW, and it does a lot of things right.
    • It has a really good free model. The entire game is free, and 90% of all items you can find in the ingame shop, can be purchased with currency you can earn in game, which is given to you rather generously.
    • It can run on a lot of computers. I have a laptop and can run it fairly well on medium settings, but if you are someone who has a weaker computer you can activate a low-res mode that gives it a sort of Diabl0 2 look. And although my framrate was horrible due to me using a laptop, the game looks outright stunning on max settings, for people who have much better computers.
    • The combat system is really fun, since any class can DPS if build well, and all of the attacks have these sort of telegraphs to them on the floor, similar to Smite.
    • There is a lot to do. You have the main quests, then quests for each zone, quests for your profession, and other stuff like PVP and dungeons. And all of them have sufficient lore and fun to be had with them, if either one of those things is your fancy
    • The housing system is probably one of the best and most open ones in the game. While at very first it's daunting to the rather high costs of everything, this feeling quickly goes away when you begin to level up more since you begin to earn more money per quest.
    And theres a bunch of other little quirks to the game that I just happen to love that seem to escape me at the moment, but I'd highly suggest picking it up since it's free and you can run it through it's own launcher and on Steam. And while it does have a rather low player base, it has been going up in recent time.

If you do pick it up, add me. I'm an Exile, and my name in game is Morgan Ramirez.

-Carrot
    EvilBlo likes this.
  2. Hmm, it does look interesting, as much as I can judge by having a quick look at trailers on steam.
    Is there any way to avoid getting involved in PVP though? Not a pvp person here at all lol
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  3. You can totally ignore PvP