Game idea's

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by snow_freak, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Hi guys,
    so for my school i have to do a project.
    i have to make a game in a program called gamemaker.
    its really basic stuff ( and 2d).
    so here's my question for you guys: do you have ideas for a game i could make?
    And if you have tips, they are always welcome ! :D
    so submit any idea you have!

But i wont be able to make a 3d game or Mp (multiplayer game).
    Im not that skilled with this program cause im only using it for a week now but ill do my best to make it into something cool.

Oh and i only have 3weeks time left. so a huge project or some sort is not possible :/
  2. make a platformer, those are probably pretty easy
  3. cake clicker?
    snow_freak, mba2012 and Ark_Warrior1 like this.
  4. Make pacman!
    I did it using Scratch in 6th grade, it's not too tough to do.
    In fact, you could let one person use WASD to control a ghost, while the other uses a keypad to control pacman.
  5. thats a bit too easy.. i could make a zelda : a link to the past
    but a friend of mine is doing that already and i dont want to copy... (its not the whole zelda game just a part of it)
  6. I came up with the idea of an zombie survival game, with multiple waves and a possible coöp.
    With a shop to buy/ upgrade weapons. and multiple maps. you also have to buy maps in the store.
    with an easter egg map of pokémon ;P cause who doesnt love pokemon and zombie's ! :D
  7. When you have any questions, feel free to ask:) I know a decent amount about gamemaker, in my opinion. About the game: you can still make something zelda-like, with gameplay and puzzle dungeons and stuff, but just create your own storyline and characters: I think it will earn your much more points, cause just trying to make zelda is less original. I would also like to know more about the project from school. And one thing: I think 3 weeks is way to short for something like this, I think you have to talk with someone about that, cause you'll need to spend really much time programming when you want to make a complete game in 3 weeks.
  8. 1d? That should be hard to make.

Ok, I would like to see your progress, and when it's done I would really appreciate it if I can have a look at the source;)
  9. ofc ! :D and when i stumble apon a problem ill ask it here !
    im sure you guys will be able to help me out
  10. Oh and btw feel free to submit idea's for a zombie game / or something different ! :D
    Or ideas for back grounds and maps.
  11. 2d.. 1d would be hard XD
    607 likes this.
  12. im not really into platform games.. and you are right those are easy to make.
    if i have any free time from school i could make one.. but then the problem would be that i dont have an idea for a platform game.. XD
  13. A tanks game I made one on game salad it's really good simple 2d software and tank game would be fun and 2 player on keyboard that's what I did its easy I made a shop on it too