Game Idea's for my WIP Game

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by finch_rocks_1, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Hey,

As many of you know, I am working on a Game "Stranded Alone". If you have not heard, here is the link.

Now my why I am making this, is I am looking for Idea's for stuff to add into the Game. Note that I am not looking for code or game-play, I am only looking for Map Ideas. Also note that they have to be reasonable and fit the idea of the game.

For example, I have deep forests, so a Suggestion would be (Deep abandoned Temple ruins, overgrown with..... and so on).

So feel free to make Suggestions. Have not had much time to work on it, due to classes and getting my car etested and plates and so much more, so I have been working on getting some stuff done on EMC when i have the Free time.

I am also looking and adding Mega Scans into my game to make it more detailed.

So Feel free to suggest away.

Also On a Side Note;

I am also looking for Someone who is good with Art to Design a Title Art, as well as Logo for the Game.
    Thread here;

~Finch
  2. So this is a bit of a combo. I know you didn't say you wanted game-play things, and this works without it, but I think it'd be neat WITH them.

As you progress along in the game, you see that the island's large volcano has a keypad panel placed in the side. Upon further inspection of it, you notice there are 4 numbers that are much more worn than the others. You try pressing these 4 digits, and when you do so a large section of the mountain begins to move aside via a large gear system. A large, damp, and dark tunnel appears before you. You press onward without a clue what lies within. As you advance further, the environment changes from a dark, damp, and rocky feel to a more advanced area. You see metal plating, support beams, broken lights, and rusted machines appearing all around you. You've discovered an old rogue base. Inside, you find bunk rooms, a large kitchen, bathrooms, and finally you come to a heavily metal plated door. You decide to come back later with explosives to try and open the door. Once it's blown off, you see what's inside. A dormant weapons factory. The machines are missing pieces, the conveyor belts aren't functioning, however after gathering the proper resources you could rebuild the factory. You slowly fix the factory, unlocking new weapons, just some normal guns and melee weapons. However, you eventually discover the rogue group was much more advanced than you'd expected, with new sorts of experimental weapons. You discover plans for weapons that seem to be straight out of a science fiction novel, expensive to build, however extremely powerful.

TL;DR : You find an old rogue base, you find a weapons factory inside. You repair it, craft weapons there, and eventually find blueprints for crazy experimental weapons such as a ray gun.
    BlitzAttack likes this.
  3. Wont work and fit the game, as the forest and location is more North American, and you dont see them here... You see them more in tropical areas. In order to have one, I would have to re-design the whole island.

This is easy enough, as it would require an keypad image on the wall with some wires and lighting around as a worn path and all.

This how ever is Semi hard to program and could cause many issues where it would move but would have a invs wall or where you can see it from a distance as the wall would not be loaded from that far back. Would be better to maybe have a wall where you say Blow up as the rocks would be breakable more or less. Or i can work with a small door or car door. (Maybe grown in with trees and all around it, and all to hide it from a far distance). Note that its not like a level game where when you pass a certain point that area unloads, its a open world so its always loaded either open or closed.

This is easy, I already have Old mining Caves as well as caves that have some High Tech planning going on. Could make more.

The thought that comes to my mind, is then how would it work? Just static objects that done move with smoke and broken sections, and when it is fixed, then moving or when fixed a static thing. Keep in mind any moving objects are hard to program and keep running without dropping the FPS and Shadows.
    I can somewhat build it, and somewhat have it, but then the question is how much to get from said machines. You want to make sure people dont sit there camping stocking all their stuff, you want people to have to go out to get stuff to keep it running, and have to risk their life to get out.
    As for weapons, I can see normal ones, but what do you mean experimental ones? Keep in mind its very hard to program weapons with moving objects as well as keep the FPS at a steady rate.

Also anyone have any Map ideas?

Side Note,
    Working on updating the game for the new engine release, as well as fixing bugs in the game. Once i get it all updated, I will have a Site up with many area's layed around the site from home, to news, and Gallery, Contact, Suggestions and a tracker and forums.
    I also will start to upload WIP Dev screens once I get that up and running. (Main issue is the site is sucking my ram to 99% usage, while others are only using 2-3% ram.

~Finch
  4. What if the island had a large tree in the center, much like the Tree of Life (or whatever it's called) at Disney?

Wouldn't even need them to move, you could just keep them static and rusty with noticeable holes and torn wires. When fixed, they look pristine and have an interact button. When opened, you use them to "craft" and "upgrade" current weapons. Each use would still require the necessary parts, it just adds a sort of advancement system that feels a lot more natural than the whole "use your points to buy blueprints from yourself" kind of dealio. By experimental I mean weapons that aren't realistic.

EX with Pictures .)
    Ray Gun

a Freeze Ray

A gun that shoots molten metals

Guns that look like they came off of an Alien Ship that shoot normal projectiles or perhaps beams of light (like those out of Star Wars)

Charge guns that shoot pulsing balls of energy

Just a few examples
  5. you've never seen a volcano in north america? Mount St. Helens is one that comes to mind quick
  6. I ment more north... The forests and land is more a Canadian Based land, and in Canada there is one volcano, so not that easy to come by. Even more its not in any active area (No towns or even a forest near it). I have Mountains in the game.
    I can see what I can do, The main issue is the Modeling and getting textures for these, Since they are all different, hard to find a model to model it after, as well as Textures, But i can add to the Dev Tracker for future looking into.