Funny Grandparents

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by THE_OP_VILLAGER, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Hi I’m making this thread so we can share some funny experiences with our grandparents so here’s mine

Earlier today I was doing errands with my grandma cuz she said she’ll get me food if I go and she asked me “do you want to go to hooters I hear its really good” I then told her I’ve heard it’s not good even tho I like the food there I just didn’t want her to freak out when we walked in

So please share your funny moments !! :)
  2. XD

My grandpa loves to push me into the river when we used to go boating years ago and my grandma facepalmed at that :p
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  3. Lol my i was showing my grandma that I wanted a Porsche and she pronounced it por she
  4. I walked into the kitchen in my grandparents house a year or two ago, and found my grandfather eating an ice cream sandwich for breakfast :)
  5. I imagine that's what being retired is like, you get to do what you want and nobody objects :p
    ChespinLover77 and MoreMoople like this.
  6. I think that's what adulting is
    ChespinLover77 and MoreMoople like this.
  7. Bump y’all gotta have more funny moments :p
  8. Wont have any funny moments with a grandpa who can barely walk or communicate
  9. As an adult, I can tell you that you're still going to be told what to do. If I eat something weird for breakfast out of my own volition, my mum continues to fret over me and demands I eat something proper. I still live with my parents, but I can't see this changing even when I eventually move out (she can stalk me through texting smh).

Anyway, funny grandparent stories...

My dad's mum constantly forgets everything - to the point where she doesn't know who the Prime Minister is, what year of school I'm in, how old I am, what Brexit is (despite shouting at me for being pro-EU...), all that. The verging-on-upsetting loss of faculties aside, it was pretty funny when she told me she didn't know they still made beer glasses. It's not even really that funny, it's just that it's the most basic item a British person can have and she just assumed young people hate alcohol (as a young person, it's quite the opposite) or something and put the beer glass industry out of business.

My mum's parents, despite being older, are far more grounded in reality. I think my grandmother's strong desire for me to move to Wales and continue the bloodline over there is funny (not happening though, sorry nan.) - she married an Irishman (much to the chagrin of both their families), moved to England from Wales, tried to get her half Welsh and half Irish daughter (my mum) to be as Welsh as she could, must have been so disappointed when said daughter married an Englishman, and now tries to get me to do it. The subtle hints are what make it funny - she tells me about all these job openings in the Welsh village (it's in the middle of a place I like to call Mt. No WiFi) we have a house in and the nearby town and all the pretty Welsh girls she sees. Not only am I too poor to move out by myself right now, and ignoring the fact Wales is so entrenched in poverty I don't want to risk dipping my toes in it, I'm not reaaalllyy single.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. I'm an adult too...
    I'm talking about adultier adulting like living on your own and stuff
  11. My grandma loves asking questions, and if he isn't asking questions, she's telling stories. The other day, she was bombarding me with questions and remembered I was getting into D&D and she hit me with, "So, how was D&D today?"
    "Grandma, it was canceled. We're going Tuesday instead."
    "Oh... okay."
    Literally FOURTEEN SECONDS LATER
    "So how was D&D today?"
  12. I miss mine. Enjoy every second you've got.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  13. My grandma is Indian, and she grows these "curry leaf " trees in her backyard. She dries out the leaves and grinds them into a powder to sell it in her church community XD
    Roslyn likes this.
  14. Let's see.

Well once my grandma was having an issue with her iphone I believe but instead of saying 'First world problem' she had said 'World war I problem'.

Also no matter how many times I correct her she calls robots 'rob-butts' and I don't know why she does that.

Once my granparents were singing me happy birthday (it was pretty bad singing) and I was saying how lovely it was. My grandpa said "In that case I'll sing it to you on your birthday for the next 50 years. My grandma went "Oh peter you won't live that long" (she expects them and hopes to have passed by 10). And he says "I'll come out of my grave every year"
  15. lmk if this isn't allowed
    So my mom has always had a very colorful language when it came to cussing. You wanna know where she got it from? My Gran, apparently.
    I was sitting next to my Gran one day and she was going through bills or something, I'm not sure what it was, and out of nowhere under her breath she goes "sonofamotherfreakinggoshdarngun"
    My reaction was somewhere along the lines of
    ASliceOfRhyBread likes this.