Front Page System for ALL Public Member Events

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Nov 9, 2016.

1. We have a new thread. One that we hope we'll see on the page quite frequently.

We've debated quite a bit about the best method in which to help player events have high participation and encourage players to run their own events, instead of relying on Staff hosts. For a while now, we've allowed a front page promotion for events that meet certain criteria for being community oriented, well organized, etc. We've never allowed birthday parties, or drop parties to be posted due to not wanting to spam the front page with player threads and crowd out important news.

After thought and consideration into what is needed for an event's front page notification, as well as reasonable limits for such, we devised the following system. We will have one thread, that on the day of a public member event, will be updated and posted to the front page. The thread will list all player events that will be held that day, as well as reiterate the ways that players can host and submit their own events, and possibly have other features added later on. The front page thread will remain locked and players will be directed to each individual thread for more information.

Think of this as our way of putting the current day's event list on the front page, when applicable, and having the events page as a way to plan for future days. An example of this thread has been boosted along with this update notice to show what we mean for future updates. We hope that this encourages players to host more events and grow this great community even more.

P.S. Whoop to 450k!
  2. Cool :D

#TheEmpireMade450kMember!
    MaglorYavetil and Kytula like this.
  3. 3rd!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. What do you mean 450k?
  5. 450k members.
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  6. + about 4000
  7. Nice !
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  8. =D my suggestion got accepted. Thanks Krysyy
  9. Everyone knows that I spam the front page the hours/days leading up to the news post.
    khixan and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. You shouldn't post a news post and watch every one panic about not having one xD
    Gawadrolt and TBird1128 like this.
  11. I'm done for tonight since I do have a real job and due to certain circumstances, did nearly jack-squat at it today. Going in early to catch up some. The spamming will continue tomorrow.
    khixan, 607, Kytula and 1 other person like this.
  12. yea 500k not so far away
  13. Sounds like a nice idea; I look forward to see this idea in action.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.