Friday Night Mining [2015]

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by MrSocks75, Jan 2, 2015.

1. For me it is Saturday morning and the event two weeks ago on SMP6 was awesome. First time at one of these and could not believe how few were actually mining and how many were building but loved being able to supply material to the builders.

My vote for an upcoming mining session would be to have a nether expedition. The reason? We need 30 dc's of quartz for finch on SMP6 who is building a megastructure. I've already started talking to Discovery Channel to film a doco about it.

Anyway, hoping to join the gang again tomorrow and dig my way to fortune.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  2. Someone usually builds a nether portal so you can get all that quartz! :)
  3. Nether optional seems to have become the norm for this event, although we did do a nether mining night while the event was still pretty small and it went well. There was a lot less building of a town to the event at that time.

The mining town has become a popular part of the event and seems to have increased the number of participants greatly. Building the town in the nether would require a little more organization of materials and supplies, but with a little more practice I think players attending the events could get the hang of it.

I don't know what the plan is for tonight yet. I expect MrSocks75 will let us know much closer to the event time. Hopefully his internet issues are better now that the Holidays have passed.

Please do not pour lava on anyone during the event! We have been banning players who do this. It's not funny when items are lost/destroyed in lava.

The mumble channel for the mining group has been growing every week. Don't miss out on all the fun. If you don't have a mumble account, you can download mumble for free and follow the instructions to set it up.
    http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/community-mumble/
    Don't wait until the last minute. EMC has private channels available if you want to make a smaller group for your mining effort. If you are shy or don't have a microphone you can still listen in to the mumble activity any time.
  4. I am planning to do a mining trip to the nether on the next wasteland reset. That should be in a few weeks and will provide a bit more fun and resources for the group.
    Trucker454 and just_five_fun like this.
  5. This sounds really fun. Unfortunately, it's too late for me. :( If it was at 6 EMC time, maybe I could make it. 8 is just too late.
  6. I will be looking into doing an earlier trip in the future. Most likely on a Sunday. These events may seem simple but they take a lot of time to plan and execute. If there is a desire to have the event more than once a week I may try and make that happen. In any case look for a special earlier mining trip in the near future.
    cocojar likes this.
  7. I will look around. I can't do Sundays though. :(:(
  8. Ill try and join this event
  9. Currently preparing for this!, everyone who can make it should!, its a fun filled event, and last for hours, see you all there!
  10. I've said this before (when Justin was boss) How about some GMT timed functions. Europe has a considerably greater population than the whole of N.America (Europe ~ 741m, N.America (including Canada, Mexico & central American countries ~ 529m). If this were to happen then maybe you'd get a greater European response especially function-wise!
  11. We do our best.

RainbowChin runs his events at a time convenient for our UK/EU players and for a time all of our event were basically being run by him. That led to US players complaining they were being left out. Now we have events that are staggered in times. I happen to be in the US (actually in EMC time) and so I run my events at a time that works for me. RainbowChin (living in the UK) runs events that are best for his time.

Unfortunately we will just never be able to satisfy everyone in every time-zone for any event. But again, we do our best.
  12. Today is another Friday (for me at least). What SMP is the setting for tonight's night mining?
  13. Might actually show up tonight, but time will tell.

Admin law is gonna be the deathblow of my life on EMC this semester. :p
  14. I'm definitely going to be on. I'm not sure what EMC time is but whether it is west coast or east coast i should be around. About to jump on mumble for the first time and greet anyone there. I have a home on smp7 so will easily be able to help anyone get basic food items, carrots, baked potatoes and such. Going to look at supporter status first :D
  15. It's east coast time in the US
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. Tonight's mining will be somewhere on /smp3.
  17. For all who are wondering when 8pm EMC Time is, all you have to do is type /time while online. Cannot wait to see everyone there!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. Had a great time tonight, thanks for the event. From sky bridges to the krusty krab to rescue missions and ravines through the town, trips to the nether and getting lost to the end of the map. I may not have brought a whole lot of resources home(could have but was too distracted) but I definitely had fun! I took DOZENS of screenshots and will try to get an album linked as soon as I can.

Edit: Shameful plug of my account of the event

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/gawas-blog.48254/#post-871715
  19. Awesome event tonight, finally built my Krusty Krab, which I've always wanted to do.

EDIT: Gah, just noticed I took the screenshots with the schematica lines still on ;-;
  20. I have a complaint for The Krusty Krab. I do not enjoy my Kabby Patties with dropping creepers and skeletons. So I decided to brighten up the place with myself and torches.
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.