Friday Night Mining [2015]

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by MrSocks75, Jan 2, 2015.

1. The fact that this many people can get together in the wild and not grief each other is something that I've never seen on other servers. There's going to be a bad apple once in a while but try finding this type of cooperation elsewhere and you'll be even more disappointed lol.
    Ayy you made it into my album as the only guy who was actually mining lol.
  2. Someone was literally building a house 1 block away from mine so I payed them 200r to go elsewhere XD
    ChickenDice likes this.
  3. Glad to see my sign was noticed!
    I wonder how many people mined a block behind to see if it was true.. xD
    kyukyu99 and MrSocks75 like this.
  4. Fun event MrSocks! Thanks for hosting!

Some images from the mining town that sprang up in just a couple hours!

Shot of the town from one of the tree houses

Look, Just_Five_Fun's house :)

The house that I <Ximph> built :D
  5. And one more shot of the town with my house on the left.

<there were more homes spread here and there too, was fun to look at them all!>

6. Stop it looks too fun!
    But I can never come! :-(
  7. I can't really take credit for the house, Peanut was kind enough to allow me to stay with him. We had fun farming and making potions. This town grew so quickly that very little planning or organization was involved. It is fun to see what gets built even when players know it will eventually get reset. It can be a little hard to adjust to the chaos, but 'let it go' is the order of the day. If you don't like something, move a few feet out of town and start building again. Notice the dirt hut in the left background. Haste 4 group mining perk produces huge amounts of building materials in just a few minutes. Yeah, you could take it all back to town, but it's so much fun to build with 30+ other players at once.

Aikar stopped by to make some mumble updates! If you haven't tried mumble, you really should. Even if you are shy or don't have a microphone, it's fun to listen in, and easier to keep track of some of the different things that are happening than chat alone. (sorry for my daughter making so much noise)

Thanks again to MrSocks who made sure the event got organized again!! It's a really big job, and I bet his fingers are hurting from responding to 1000 private messages per hour. Lucky for us, it seemed like his internet connection was working a little better than last week. We got a visit from BigDavie and Krysyy even checked in on mumble.

Hope you can all attend again next week. Please don't pour any more lava on MrSocks.
    Ximph and jacob5089 like this.
  8. Who poured lava on MrSocks? lol...sad face
  9. Ya used my treehouse to take those pics ;)
    Ximph likes this.
  10. It was crazy, it started out with just this little hut that had like one chest in it, I go mining for a couple hours and create like 16 DC's of cobble chests that were all filled by the end of the thing, I pop out and an entire civilization had been created. No griefing or people trying to rob other people either, there was a general consensus of everyone there was to work and have fun, and I think I know how to spend some of my Friday nights now...
  11. I sure did! It was just the perfect perch to take images from. Sadly I didn't take pictures of all the buildings, it was just so much to look at <and I had to dodge creepers and zombies that were spawning on peoples roofs and in the darker streets> There were also many houses outside of the tight clump of town we created, just too many to post here!

Thank you MrSocks! The event was a blast and I hope to come next Friday for another one!
  12. Let's also give a shout out to the guys tending to the underground base camp! It's not in a screenshot, but one of the houses (sorry I forget which) had a ladder down to bedrock, where a crew was busy stocking furnaces with lava and supplying tools/torches/food to the miners.

It was a huge party and great fun. There was so much to see I didn't get a chance to check out the nether side. Thanks for the pics :)
    Ximph, MrSocks75 and just_five_fun like this.
  13. And here are the shots from yesterdays Surprise Mining Event! Thanks to Krissy and all the staff who were there having fun right along with us! :D

The Boomtown

Krissy's cobble-house and carrot garden.
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  14. I think this is ItsMeMatheus' house? Correct me if I'm wrong, I know it was one of the staff houses :)

Mr.Socks' place

Masterdude and BlackKnights' house

And last is my house!

15. Here is a little something I made from the Monday night mining night we had, it's not to big due to the fact that I was only on for a small while, so our village/mining area was still in development!

Monday Night Mining
  16. Will there still be another mining thing this Friday?
  17. Are they times going to change?
    I live in Holland and I can never make it :-(
  18. Socks normally does it at 8pm EMC time cause that's considered "night" for the Friday NIGHT Mining for where he lives :p