Fountains, piano.

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by dylan_dylan_, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Hello! As some of you know, I play the piano. For those of you who don't know, I'm self taught, and have been playing for 4 years. This piece is supposed to put an image of your head of fountains, or a waterfall. It's based off of Franz Liszt's "Les Jeux d'Eaux a la Villa d'Este," and I hope you enjoy it. :)

For video link, click here.
  2. Sounds AMAZING!!!! Great job.
    xXPorkusXx and WolfInAction like this.
  3. Thanks, I've been working for a few months on it.
    WolfInAction and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. It sounds nice. In the future, I'm hoping to create my own compositions on the piano as well. :)
  5. sounds nice, I'd only say there is a little loss of contrast in it, I mean, you're playing all the time really quite fast (or in the first one and a half minute :p) I personally always try to make also a few slow parts in it, it doesn't need to be more than a second but just a little slow down :p
    also, I'm not sure about the highest notes in the very first part, You're playing c c# d d# e right? I'd change that to c c# D# (chord, or if that's too hard, just play it forte forte (loud)) d f# or something (just something from the top of my head) since it feels a little to much f a magic spell to me...
    Annyways, really good, you're also playing really good, also, the reason I think different about surtain parts might be because I'm a jazz pianist, and, per definition, can't do this kind of classical music...
  6. Ah, really? What kind of music. Were you thinking stuff like I do?
    Equinox_Boss and WolfInAction like this.
  7. I've been thinking about sonatas. :)
    WolfInAction likes this.
  8. But what kind of classical music?
  9. Classical sonatas
  10. Yes, but I mean Baroque, Romantic, etc.
  11. Classical
  12. Baroque and Romantic and different types of classical music. Classical isn't just classical. There's different types. A sonata is a type of piece. Not a type of classical music. A composer doesn't just write sonatas, they also write nocturnes, etudes, waltzes, polonaises, ballades, preludes, impromptus, etc.
  13. Sounds nice! I also play the piano and I am self taught. I am not as good as you but in my opinion im ok :p
  14. I'm self taught, as well. How long have you been playing for?
  15. I have been playing for only 2 years, I am a very busy person though so I dont get to much time to ever practice but I am improving!
  16. Ah, I've been playing for 4 years.
    _Kyoko__Sakura_ likes this.
  17. First, I will compose a classical sonata inspired by pieces written during the Classical Era (classical is a type of classical music). Then, I may want to compose a classical romantic piece.
  18. Ah, the romantic piece will be inspired by whom?
  19. Franz Schubert, maybe. :)