Force-claiming option

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 99marvel, Aug 9, 2013.

?

sould there be an "as is" force-claim option? (please read thread first)

absolutly yes! 2 vote(s) 6.3%
yes 4 vote(s) 12.5%
sure 3 vote(s) 9.4%
I dont think so 0 vote(s) 0.0%
no 11 vote(s) 34.4%
Why would you even consider that!? 12 vote(s) 37.5%
  1. well, I suppose the empire is always right. It just seems to me that if someone has been gone a really long time, that res will soon be reset anyway, so why not gain from it? But will drop it now. Thanks for your comments

P.S.
    that is that suposed to mean?! :eek:
  2. calm down buddy all that was on that res was a bunch of pistons not months of work there wasnt even anything underground
    additionally before forceclaim he only had 10 days to log in so i would of gotten it anyways just for free
  3. you mean the answer is said by the staff is no or that you should have to work for your res?
  4. what you could have said it "oh bite me now"

lol just kidding
  5. This has been discussed many times in past threads, and the staff say that both you should have to get/buy the materials yourself, which in and of itself is a no.
  6. oh I am sorry, I did not know that. I suppose this thread was a stupid idea.
  7. To me it sounds like the Empire encouraging you to grief. Besides it would not be fair, what if somebody accidentally left for 16 days for, i dont know, no internet. Somebody would take advantage and completely take all of their hard earnings including maybe staff heads, diamond blocks, and beacons.
  8. So the community has already made this pretty clear but I figured that I would add a little note from a staff member to go with it.

We will most likely never implement this idea due to a few MAJOR problems with it.
    1. Some residences that are reset belong to banned players, whose items may or may not have been cheated/duped. Therefore, they are erased from the system on purpose.
    2. It is not fair for one person to pay x number of rupees and receive 5 chests of diamonds, while another player pays the same x number and gets only a few stacks of wool in the chests on the property. The erasing of the residence is to prevent this unfairness.
    3. People would target expensive looking buildings and that's just not cool.
    4. It is SOOO much easier to build a res from scratch. Dealing with hidden rooms in random parts under the res is really annoying...
  9. Exactly, i would go around scouting for res's that have good stuff I think in them.

But yeah, this will never happen

HINT: if you claim a derelict res with items in item frames, you get the item frames and items and some of the animals on the res :)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  10. Sorry if I came across rude. I perhaps need to... Sorry.
  11. I feel like force claim is already a problem, many people have lost beautiful creations due to not signing in for being on vacation and ect. I don't like the idea of not working for your creations because you don't really make it... this will take the sand out of sandbox.

(Minecraft is a Sandbox game)
  12. All they have to do to protect their res is PM the senior staff/admins for free protection for as long as they need it. :)
    PenguinDJ and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  13. EXACTLY. I've once had players get mad at me for constantly getting new res's ( unclaiming ones, and getting derelict ones )

I always respond with " they ALWAYS have the option to get there res protected"
  14. However, not all banned players residences are reset and just get a "/res set banned true" which blocks everyone from stepping foot on the res to use the current force claim that resets the res without having to wait for the system to automatically reset it.. :\ .. I thought that all perm bans got their reses reset automatically.
  15. I think it is a 7/10 day period for them to file their appeal on the rare chance that their ban was a mistake. Should their appeal be successful but they were banned rightfully, or if their appeal failed, their res is reset.
  16. No... what if they lose access to the internet and can't warn staff or know nothing about this whole deal.
  17. Everyone has a chance at an appeal. While 99% of your appeals are going to end in a purge, there is always the slight chance that one of our staff members acted on something the wrong way. This has happened before, and would not want someone to lose their creation over a misunderstanding rather than actually doing something wrong.
  18. Well even without force claim, if someone wanted the res of the person in this hypothetical situation, after 10 days all it would have taken is someone to ask for it. So I fail to see the difference here.
    TheMinner333 likes this.