!!!! Finally !!!!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by vividOptimism, Mar 29, 2012.

1. After a month of patiently waiting I have my new computer.:) Now I can play minecraft again. I'll be seeing the jungle for the first time, ocelots, new planks, new worlds, new height limits, teleporting and who knows what else. My computer is a Dell Vostro 260, intel i5-2400 @ 3.10ghz. Video card ati radeon hd 5700, and two hard drives. I hope it's good. My question is. What other than minecraft should I download to help the game run better? I had it on my last computer, but can't remember what they were. One was Optifine.
  2. With that setup I don't feel you will need Optifine. Glad to see you are back :)
  3. Frankly, With that Graphics card. You do not need anything to help the game run better, Just stay away from texture packs higher then 64x64 and you should be fine.
  4. YAY! All your things are ready and waiting for you at 5353 on Utopia :D Glad to have you back!
  5. Magic launcher is what i was looking for. :) I am so glad to be back. The guy that shopped for this computer said it was really good. I have no idea if it is or not. Sadly I'm in the stone age when it comes to computers. Thank you again Margaritte. If I can help in any way let me know.
  6. Just out of curiosity. How much was this PC?
  7. lol I'm running 75 fps! I am used to 25-30 :D
    margaritte likes this.
  8. $450 for the computer, $40 For an after market power supply. $120 for the PC guy.
  9. I stopped buying computers already put together. Too many hours spent on the phone for tech support. I built mine. Intel I7 920. MSI x58 Platinum. Nvidia GTX 460. 500 Gig primary(only the operating system and a few games.). 2 Terabit storage(All of my steam games and other large file games and system back up). Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit. 24 Gigs of PC 1600 DDR 3 RAM(Never know when you need more RAM). 850 Watt power supply. A Sony DVD burner. 19 ince Widescreen monitor (Will be Upgraded later). I fine trouble shooting a self built computer is easier than calling tech support and hoping they can fix it.
  10. Woah! This thread is old, watch the bumping next time please.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  11. You can give more memory to Java - it makes minecraft run better, especially it helps with lag when there's many mobs/animations. Even on a powerful computer, it helps.

You do that by creating a 1-line "batch file" to run minecraft. I'll try to explain how - this is re Windows 7, but it should be similar on other systems.

1. Find out where your minecraft.exe is - you can do that by right-clicking on the minecraft icon, choosing "properties", and look at the location. On my computer, it's on my desktop, "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop" - so that's what I'll use in my example.

2. How much memory do you have? Whatever you have, I suggest you put half of it as the first number below, and half of that for the second. I have 16Gb, so I will put 8 and 4. 1Gb = 1024Mb.

3. Open up "notepad" and create a file like this;

javaw -Xmx8192m -Xms4096m -jar "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Minecraft.exe"

So - where I put "8192" put half the RAM you have. Where I put 4096, put half of the first. And put the path to your minecraft.exe

4. Save it, but with the extension .bat (so you can run it). For example, I called mine "minemem.bat".

Running that should start mc as per normal, but with much more memory.

You can easily check and compare your free memory, by pressing F3 - it shows "Used memory" and "Allocated memory" at the top right.

Hope that helps.