Final Fantasy poll

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BotBerrii, Jul 25, 2015.

?

Best Final Fantasy game

Poll closed Jul 30, 2015.
Final Fantasy 1 1 vote(s) 4.3%
Final Fantasy 2 1 vote(s) 4.3%
Final Fantasy 3 1 vote(s) 4.3%
Final Fantasy 4 1 vote(s) 4.3%
Final Fantasy 5 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Final Fantasy 6 2 vote(s) 8.7%
Final fantasy 7 5 vote(s) 21.7%
Final Fantasy 8 4 vote(s) 17.4%
Final Fantasy 9 1 vote(s) 4.3%
Final Fantasy 10 or newer 7 vote(s) 30.4%
  1. I tried to play tactics a few years ago but kept getting permanently stuck and unable to progress just from the difficulty.I was probably playing it wrong but it still seemed way too difficult.
  2. Tactics Advance is more balanced and more user friendly.

3. Yea the story before and after is semi-alright but like the what were they thinking for that scene....
  4. it'd just be like: Square soft, what the %^#@ were you thinking?!?!
  5. also thanks for not Final Fantasy 7 fanboy/fangirling over this poll, I mean your doing that to ten but still
  6. I'm disappointed that Tactics isn't on here, but I'd be surprised if it were, so I'm gonna go with 9.
    (Besides, my favorite of the Tactics series is A2, so it's still pretty low on the noteriety list)
    kyukyu99 likes this.
  7. You guys are gonna kill me for this... I have no clue what Final Fantasy tactics is, I've heard of it and seen very very minor bits of gameplay (battles that look like pkmn conquest) so that's why this is not included, besides I'm not even sure if Final Fantasy tactics is a spin-off or canon, Get's ready for the rage
  8. Also an update about Final Fantasy 13, I actually didn't have a problem with the game, it just wasn't that great compared to other final fantasy games, the only thing that annoyed me was the part that I got stuck on... Freaking Barthandelus.

13 compared to other final fantasy games seems like McDonald's compared to Five Guys. Five Guys FTW
  9. One last update for tonight, first off the votes kind of tell what is gonna win already, second, why the freak has nobody voted for 6, I'm extremely surprised by that one, That's the only game where the villain actually succeeded in taking over the world, the villain is a really funny clown, but evil. Locke's probably one of the final fantasy favorite characters of all time, the whole party in that game is really funny, just sayin'
  10. I enjoyed playing 13 but it's was linear and the story at one point became meh. Lol I remember getting to final boss and being like wtf is going on. Lol also the instant death spell in final was annoying if didn't cast right spell one turn before it was game over. I tried to play the sequel that came with it but stop.

Also FF 15 is pretty good. Took awhile it took me awhile to understand the fighting mechanics with 4 weapons but after that it fun. Can't wait till comes out... >.<

Voted for FF3 cause the class changes that heavy impacted in the game. If choosed wrong it would take hours of grinding to fix the mistake lol damn you dragon class
  11. There are going to be two reasons I'm getting a PS4
    Reason 1. Final Fantasy XV (which was origianlly gonna be title versus Xiii btw)
    Reason 2. Final Fantasy VII, (That game was great on the ps1 even though the graphics were crap even for the PS1, I want to see the remake, see how many changes there are, if Square ruined the whole thing, will it be open world, So many questions!!! I'm actually picturing it in my head based off of the demo for Final Fantasy XV)
  12. My reaction to Full Metal Alchemist

13. I will admitted that never played ff7 in my life and afraid to play it cause so hype people talk about but since their having a remaster version I prolly buy it. The other ones I haven't played are FF 8,9 cause I had 64 when those came out so never played them lol
  14. Gamerkidz, there is an edit button at the bottom of your post after you post it. It will keep you from making three different posts one right after the other ;-)

As far as not having played 7,8 or 9, you really are missing out. Playing them now might be pretty painful as gaming has de-evolved when it comes to difficulty so you might find the grind to be a pain in the butt and of course the graphics are representative of the times. I thought 7's graphics weren't that bad considering when it was made. 8 looks horrible now but when I was 11-12ish and playing it it was brand new and was the most beautiful game I had seen at the time. 7 and 9 play similarly as far as gameplay with 9 obviously being more user friendly as it was developed later.

As far as the stories go, Final Fantasy is notorious for not getting the symbolism from japanese culture across to the american counter parts in the game. Japanese history and culture is very old and diverse. There is so many meanings for things that there exists none in American culture. I would say you would be hard pressed to play through any final fantasy game without having one of those: what did I just see... kind of moments.
  15. FF7, it was my introduction to JRPGs. There have been better games since (even within final fantasy series) but FF7 still holds something for me. I am hesitant on the the remake, I hope they don't mess with the story but do think some of the mechanics can be improved. Is it weird that I am looking forward to remake version of Don Corneo's Mansion and Cloud's quest to get in.
  16. I'm honestly surprised 8 got the most votes so far(unless you count 10+ as one choice) usually when I talk to people that are fans of the series 8 is shunned. The black sheep of the series because people seemingly hated the junction and GF system as a whole. Pretty cool to see support for it in this poll. I really liked FF9. it looked better and the magic system was a little more... straightforward I suppose. I played 7 later and it was the same magic system as 9 for the most part but the story seemed like it was almost on par with 8 while more interesting than 9,10 or 10-2. Usually 7 is the go to game for Final fantasy fan boys in my experience.
  17. Gawadrolt and autumnrain26 like this.
  18. Yes, yes it is, also if this game is voice acted, Don Corneo's mansion...if Don Corneo gets a voice actor, that scene will probably be as bad as the FFX laughing scene
  19. I think something with the first final fantasy game someone has played tends to be the best for them, My favorite is 8 probably because that's the first final fantasy game I played (its the second one I actually beat.) Final Fantasy X I played next and that was my 2nd favorite, the remaster only made it better. FF7 actually wasn't that great to me, this is the only time the first come best liked rule for this franchise didn't occur with me, I liked 6 better. Maybe the reason no one likes final fantasy 13 is because they've seen a lot of final fantasy games already, FF13 was the third game I played, I quite enjoyed it, better than 7, 6 I played lat and I place that above 7 as well. Funny, the most fanboyed Final Fantasy game is my least favorite, maybe its just because it was fanboyed, or maybe because it was TOO FREAKING HARD!!!