Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tomorrow is event day, this album is nearly over but there's enough pictures to tide me over till I get the pictures uploaded and edited :)

Sliding into Friday!
    607 likes this.
  2. Quattro flicking up that dirt!

Speeding off with great precision!

New photos have been taken but not yet uploaded or edited, still got about 6 images left from Race Retro though :)
    AnonReturns and 607 like this.
  3. That quattro front end :)

AnonReturns, 607 and Sachrock like this.
  4. Renault 5 GT Turbos! Rare and expensive now!

Which is your favourite?
  5. No love for the GT Turbos? :(

Maybe a Lancia Delta?

Proper old school VW Golf Mk1 as well!
    607 likes this.
  6. Last one from Race Retro, an awesome Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin. These are extremely rare cars, most of these tend to come from Japan as imports now. Luckily for us, Japan use RHD cars too! Unfortunately these cars are no extremely expensive as well - you could be looking at up to £10k or more for an import, and recently an original UK car was looking at closer to £30k!

I'd still rather take an Audi quattro at those prices, but getting one of these cheap would make a great classic RWD drift car ;)

With that being the last, more will be coming soon from Auto Italia Brooklands. Stay tuned!
    607 likes this.
  7. And so we begin with Brooklands, Auto Italia event! This event takes place at Brooklands Museum, which houses a London Bus museum, lots of planes, various other small museums (for old cars and replica planes), but with a lot of outside space as well. The venue used to be a giant ring type track which was banked all the way along. Cars used to race there decades ago but the track was shut down and mostly demolished - only a small portion of the track remains, and for the Auto Italia event where Italian cars flood the whole venues in their hundreds if not thousands, Fiat cars get to park on the banking where the last bit of the track is preserved!

The link to the whole album is available here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/fendysphotos/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1343386699088704

As always, I'll be posting various pictures from the event here as well so if you prefer to view here or if you don't have Facebook then do not fret! Here's a picture I took of my Panda once I got up on the banking, what a great piece of history...
  8. Fiat Panda generations! Mk2, mk3 and mk4, all in similar red colours, all on the banking at Brooklands Auto Italia :) This wasn't even planned, it was pure coincidence that we all ended up in the same section together!

The Fiat Coupes lurking near the Brooklands pedestrian bridge. These Fiat Coupes can rock 4 cylinder or 5 cylinder engines, and some are even turbocharged too! If it was me, I'd take a 5 cylinder for that proper raspy and lovely sounding engine and exhaust note. A 5 cylinder turbo would be the icing on the cake for that extra performance gain!
    AnonReturns, Ch33zus and 607 like this.
  9. An awesome 2 cylinder engine (20-30hp) Fiat 126! This is one of, if not the first, that I've actually seen in person! It's so awesome :)

I want one of those as well now ;)

One of the behind of the 126, and in the background you can see the Fiat Forum setting up their tent!
    607 likes this.
  10. A very clean Fiat Punto mk1! While they're still semi-modern, I think these are on their way to classic status. Their numbers are seriously dwindling now, people keep using their engines for classic Panda swaps ;)

The Fiat Cinquecento is probably approaching the same sort of status by now! Not many about but they do still come up cheap like the Puntos. One day, they'll be as sought after as all the classic Fiat 500s and Pandas... it's strange to think like that, but undoubtedly one day they must be that rare and sought after!
    607 likes this.
  11. Okay... so, the mk1 Punto numbers may be dwindling, but there were still quite a lot here. Which is a good thing! The more these cars get into enthusiasts hands the better as they'll be appreciated and used properly if so. The better any car is cared for, the higher the chance of survival for that car in the future as well, which is really important for conservation of classic cars (and classic-cars-to-be)!

An awesome 105TC Fiat Strada. Speaking of dwindling, the Punto mk1 has nothing on the Strada. This 105TC has a shocking two left on UK roads. That's pretty much nothing... it doesn't end there though, there's only 30 Stradas left of all types on UK roads. That's less than even the 4x4 Sisley (about 50) and they're extremely rare as it is!
    607 likes this.
  12. We've all heard of Ferrari, and some may know that the Ferrari Dino was designed by Dino, the son of Enzo (Enzo being the founder). Dino was a great designer and while he did not live past his fight against duchenne muscular dystrophy, he also collaborated with Fiat to make the Fiat Dino. For a Fiat, this is luxury, and it is a very rare classic today, respected by many!

The Fiat X1/9, if I were to choose an old Fiat this would be up there with one of the ones I would choose. Open the bonnet and you're greeted with... nothing at all! The engine is behind the driver, and you still have an extra boot at the back of the car as well! So you have compartments at the front and rear, and the engine sits in a separate bay behind the driver. Designed by Bertone, this car has some pretty cool looks too!
  13. We've had some beautiful old Fiats (The Dino and X1/9), but another one that cannot go without a mention is the Fiat 124 Spider. A beautiful Fiat convertible, of which the name has recently been used as a rebranded MX5, but for us it is always going to be the old one that gets the praise!

There were a few of the 124s there. Do we reckon this next one is older or newer? I'm thinking newer. It has a different front badge, different door handle, the round indicator as opposed to indented, and also has black wiper blades instead of chrome. Subtle differences but they all can show off the age! Note the wheels as well...
    607 likes this.
  14. Another one of the 124 Spiders. For a rare car, there were quite a few!

Now, I'll be honest, I don't remember what variant this one was. It's a Fiat saloon, does anyone know what? I could find out by searching the number plate perhaps, but that would be cheating... ;) Looks pretty posh for a Fiat, no?
    607 and AnonReturns like this.
  15. This Fiat Uno (fitted with an Uno Turbo engine, 1.3 i.e.) looks awesome, and it sounded awesome too! The number plate on this car is extremely close to my Sisley 4x4 Panda so I mentioned this to the person and he said that the FORK cars were Fiat press/dealer cars, so that's awesome to know!

Now we have an older Fiat 124 Spider, you can tell it must be earlier by the earlier thin metal bumper and the wheel trims!
    607 likes this.
  16. My favourite Fiat X1/9 of all time, looks really great!

Something a bit different, tucked away behind metal bars, a Bedford diesel turbo... used by British Airways as a stairlift up to planes many years ago I imagine!
    607 likes this.
  17. One clean Seicento. Probably the only Seicento Sporting there that I took a photo of...

More Fiat Punto mk1 rarity goodness!
    607 likes this.
  18. Nice little original yellow Fiat Cinquecento Sporting :)

This Cinquecento looks like it has nothing original on it! Properly done up race/rally Cinq :D
    607 likes this.
  19. The racing Cinqs look proper kitted out :)

The Cinq Sporting, a little bit more standard, with some nice Speedline wheels though mind you!
    607 likes this.
  20. (I'm sorry, I can't quote because my iPad is acting up)
    At first I thought these two pictures were the same as in your previous post, but in reverse order. :p
    FDNY21 likes this.