Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I think ICC does a ton more harm to those markets than increase in spawn rate heh...

A few players building their own fortresses will not upset the scale any really ,as they could of very well went and found one still.

Only difference is convenience of making a wither skeleton farm in a more convenient location to you.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  2. One other thing I think should be considered is whether to also spawn Blazes and Skeletons along with Wither Skeletons like a true Fortress.

That is what some of us lost with 1.6 and what the rest will lose in 1.7: the Fortress attributes on areas that we have mined. So we should consider whether we want to emulate the true Fortresses that we had before or just make Wither skeletons spawn. My main interest is in Wither Skeletons, but I also would like to see us try and stay true to the original Minecraft content which included Blazes and Skeletons in addition to Wither Skeletons.
  3. I agree with this... I'm never a fan of change, but I don't like this idea. I mean, I'd honestly prefer any alternative to mass wither spawning. This is actually even more lame, because every player will have 20 beacons on their residences. At least if this happens, we should be able to toggle neighboring beacon's powers in our own residences, because there are people who will remove move perms to their parkour residences if they suddenly get a speed II ability on their residences.
    Rainier6 likes this.
  4. This so the biggest problem. Over nether brick is better than everywhere, but only within fortresses is ideal.
    Rainier6 likes this.
  5. If it's only on netherbrick, there won't be a hugely inflated beacon market. A lot of people still won't want to fight the wither themselves and will buy beacons instead. And it's still more convenient to find a fortress to build in, as you will also have access to blaze spawners, and a free resource of netherbrick. Also, if this change isn't implemented, then it's quite likely that there will be no beacon market at all.
    smile3, 607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. The economy won't crash, that is just ridiculous. Prices may go down slightly, but skilled farmers will get more, and come out equal. The amount of new people making a farm will be minimal, since it is pretty easy as is.
    bitemenow15 and mba2012 like this.
  7. Yes. The spawning on brick is good.
    Wait, no it's not. :(
    Some people have family in the nether. *hmmph*
    smile3, princebee, penfoldex and 2 others like this.
  8. Wut?
  9. I'm a brick. I have family in the nether.
    *think about it*
    princebee and mba2012 like this.
  10. Ah... I see :p
  11. Wither Skeletons spawning On Nether Brick (but not on regular nether brick half slab) sounds good (maybe with light check to tell if it is a base?).
    So, proximity to you will still be checked, right?
    In other words if I am in a Nether Brick room of a base and that room is like 20 x 20, regardless of light level Wither Skeletons will not spawn because they are too close to me, correct?
    Thank you.
    Pab10S likes this.
  12. Spawning on netherbrick sounds nice.
  13. Spawn Only on Netherbrick items (To simulate fortress like behavior). Players could then make their own fake fortresses and spawn them

If they spawned everywhere than the price of their heads would go down super fast.
  14. Yes we will still have the proximity checks etc... Just the conditions for choosing what general area is what needs figuring out.

Blazes and normal skeletons will be included in this.

Looks like on top of netherbrick is clear winner here...
    607, ewils, Gadget_AD and 4 others like this.
  15. Yeah, me and haxlo's witch farm is gonna break... :'( 1.7 allows mobs other than witches to spawn within the witch hut, essentially destroying all the farms that people worked hard for.
  16. I like the netherbrick idea, but only temporarily.
    If you do implement this, please try and get the spawning back to normal ASAP.
  17. According to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Light

In vanilla Minecraft. Wither Skeletons only spawn in 0-7 Light level. Seems fair that we could throw that in as a check alongside on top of NetherBrick.
    607, Gadget_AD, Curundu and 3 others like this.
  18. The question is, is it possible to keep it so that spawns still occur in naturally generated fortresses?
    If that is possible, I'd say we bail on the nether brick idea and keep it as it is.
  19. The normal spawning won't come back if we do this... Although Newly generated fortresses may work as vanilla.
  20. Hoo boy, there goes my grasp on the beacon economy. >.<
    porphos, FDNY21, princebee and 2 others like this.