[Feb 21] Server Update

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I may have found a problem. Just a few minutes ago I was stocking shop chests and found three item frames had fallen down. The three frames and the items from each one were still laying on the ground:
    2013-02-21_16.52.27.png
  2. I had the issue at 15500 too. I came on this morning and saw about 10 of my item frames and the items they were holding spread across the ground.
    EDIT: I will also mention that after I saw the fallen frames this morning, I placed them back on the wall and put the items back in them. Just now, I went to go check on them and see if anything else had happened to them... they're all completely gone. :confused:
  3. Did you see anything they might have in common with the ones in my screenshot? Coal and Powered Rail are above one chest, and Redstone Dust is above the other. I never put a frame on the Glowstone on the chest on the right.
  4. As far as what they were holding goes, not at all. Mine were holding various building blocks. Were you asking about something else?
  5. I was wondering about positioning also. I haven't put any of mine back up yet. It's interesting that yours popped back off again.

I just heard from Zeke. He said the same three frames fell off the wall earleir and he put them back up.
  6. I LOVE my name in blue!! :D
  7. I have to agree been playing with the Ghasts, withers and blazes today and the Ghast are too far to see but they could see us and fire at us. Also yeah what's up with arrows although I think it was lag they just seem to bounce of the mobs.
  8. Your in-game name tag over your head is now the same colour as your supporter colour.
    Jcplugs likes this.
  9. that'll be kinda cool to run around with a gold colored tag. despite what you blues and greens are saying about your respective colors, gold's a beautiful precious metal, and i'll be walking around displaying it proudly as a member of EMC. :3
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. FYI last nights update fixed the issues we had

Arrows now fire correctly
    Ghast are now immune to distance checks and will always be visible
    Paintings now work correctly
    Item Frames do not fall off randomly.

The itemframe/painting issue actually was not due to the Range change.

There is a bug in Vanilla minecraft where Maps inside of itemframes are really buggy and cause extreme lag...
    there was many things wrong with the code, and fixing them is what caused the itemframe/painting issue.

But we learned... so I've pushed my findings to Bukkit/Spigot too.
  11. I don't like to be a constant complainer. Or seem like I don't like what your doing for this community, I applaud your work and appreciate what you are trying to accomplish.:)

I can see there is a difference in how far you can see ghast, but they like to shot at you then move just beyond the see distance still. So you hear then see a fire ball but see no ghast from where that fire ball came from.

Also it seems that less mob's are spawning in your general area (used to see 80~100 now 20~50) so they seem to spawn more frequently.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Attached Files:

12. what is the texture pack?
  13. So will items(entities) not flow in water/activate at all unless you are within 8 blocks?
    Pab10S likes this.
  14. Finally, someone else who cares.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. I have a very small auto sugar cane harvester on my res, and i have a lot of issues with it. The items go directly in the water, 100% of the time.
  16. What I read from this post: 1. Colored name tags. 2. Some other stuff.
    redwing2000 likes this.
  17. I see this as a major bug, i hope the issue gets addressed.
    Pab10S and jkjkjk182 like this.