Fe(11) smp8 Public Wild Utilities Iron Farm

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Thanks WitherDoggie! Yeah, I'm not sure what has happened. When I got on last night, I got almost 2 stacks within 4 minutes and it was running fine again. I really don't know what's causing it to act weird intermittently.
    AFK'ing at this farm wasn't even necessary. A golem or golems would be there to kill every minute, and being AFK for more than a few minutes would just result in them stacking up and dying in lava (fewer drops). Something has gone wonky. I'll investigate the SE stack.
    I suddenly recall why I didn't do a public iron farm for so long. Dang things are touchy and maintenance intensive.

Toto, we might need to grab a bunch of pearls and go through every single unit (both floors). Corrupted did a cursory inspection of the caves under Fe(II). You may also want to consider a regular inspection schedule in case golems mis-spawn. That really does slow down the build when it happens. Perhaps get a few volunteers together to check for golems where they shouldn't be so we have more inspection coverage (give everyone a different day or something)? Make sure they know about the build, how to safely get in/out, etc.
    I blocked off that cave spider spawner cave that ru42lines found (just put dirt over top of it). Hostile mobs were spawning there messing a little with the entcount, and also floating up to the surface.
    TotoStyle likes this.
  2. I found a few random skeletons floating in the water near the SE tower. No clue how they got there.
    khixan likes this.
  3. oh! i was killing the golems with my ax, and i accidentally hit some leaves, and i replaced it with a few iron blocks, sorry for that :oops:
    khixan likes this.