Fe(11) smp8 Public Wild Utilities Iron Farm

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Looks great! Thank you!
    I am headed to the airport to pick up my sister soon. The cavalry is here to help me, phew!!!
    TotoStyle and tuqueque like this.
  2. Welp, I'm all done! :D
    The lobby area is done, the chests are done, the anvils are done, the walls are done, the ceiling is done, the beds are done, the farm is done and there is an area where people can expand (The stone brick wall panel on the west side).
    khixan likes this.
  3. When will Fe11 open?
    TotoStyle likes this.
  4. I thought it was :D
    Everything is finished that needed to be, people are already using it, chests already locked, just go use it I guess.
  5. Results:
    Over one hour I have collected:
    Iron: 6 Stacks and 63 Iron Ingots
    Poppies: 1 stack and 34 poppies
    khixan and TotoStyle like this.
  6. Wow! The place looks amazing Cuto! Can't believe how much has happened since I was last there! Love it!
    Hey Khixan, may I please extend the lava to get the golems down to as little health as possible? Of course, I would test and make sure no golems were dying until they overflow the killing chamber.

I was also thinking that the current maximum of 9 in the killing chamber is a bit much, I could extend the lava inwards to reduce that if you think it's a good idea, or if you want to keep it at 9 I could extend the lava outward to leave things as they are but with weaker golems. (second suggestion withdrawn as Cuto objected)

khixan likes this.
  7. No, 9 allows for multiple people to use the farm. Lessening it would remove that aspect to an extent. Also, the lava would burn things if extended too far.
    khixan likes this.
  8. Okay. Is it only extending inward that you have an objection to? Will wait to hear from Khixan about extending outwards.
  9. Just wondering who did this and was it approved? (Attaching the station to the rail)
    http://imgur.com/a/q5ODo
    Also, the rail station isn't very effective, you have to press forwards to start.
  10. We have the iron golems knocked down in health as far as they can actually go. ru42lines, please watch docm77's tutorial or read the MC wiki for more information. So in a nutshell, nope (because what you want wouldn't work anyway).

I did not think Fell was open yet... oh well. All yours Toto. Plan an event for the grand opening then please.
  11. When a friend was showing me the iron farm I accidentally broke some glass above a beacon while lagging, I cannot access EMC or minecraft at the moment to fix it so I'll just notify whoever can fix it (it's only one block so nothing too urgent)
    khixan likes this.
  12. Fe(II) is open! Anyone have a good idea for a grand opening party?

Many thanks to TotoStyle, WitherTheRuler, HxCami10, Monkeyrancher, ChumMiner, PeculiarPotato, GeneralWillikers, MrCDub, corruptedsmile, rdmaster, MrCDub, JediKittySC, ChrisFlareon, EnderMagic1, ru42lines, tuqueue, SirTah, and BountyCole. If I have somehow forgotten your name here, please tell me! I'm forgetful, not ungrateful and there were many people who helped on this build as usual <3

There is now a PAUSE on the Sushi Drop rail at the underground entrance to Fe(II). Just hit the W key to continue on to Sushi Drop if you don't want to hop out at Fe(II). It's faster to just take a horse directly there or to boat there though by following the road. Cheers :)
    ru42lines and TotoStyle like this.
  13. Just saying, the golems seem to have slowed down a tad. Nothing is blocking the water-ways, I checked, but maybe an inspection of the cells is needed (?) .
  14. Golems did not seem exceptionally slow, but in comparison to other farms, Iron farms are just not fast. Haha. I afkd randomly for 3 minute periods at a time for about a half hour, and got maybe 3-4 stacks of bars. Using Loot 3 sword. So that was handy for me.

Overall, yesterday was the first time I used it and I was impressed! Thanks for all your hard work for a public utility! It's appreciated. :)
    khixan likes this.
  15. Very likely needs another inspection done. I haven't done one in a week. There are probably a few golems that spawned in cells or out on bottom floors. This happens sometimes, especially with all the people we have traveling in that area. I'll try to do one tonight later on. Just got home from work. Thanks!

TamTam, you should have 5 stacks of ingots in 10 minutes there. Anything less than that usually means there's a problem. Thanks!
    TamTamV likes this.
  16. just a tip, not that I know anything about this... but standing by the beacon at Fe11, if you do "/entcount" it says I'm over the limit (266 entities!)... which would definitely be affecting the spawn rate, or they're all just building up elsewhere from the kill chamber.

Edit: Also, yeah I just stayed around for 14 minutes and only got a stack and a half of bars with my Loot 3. Didn't even wait for them to build up, and that's all I got.
    khixan likes this.
  17. Thing with the loot3 its random how much extra you get. Like I have sat there for 30 minutes, and got like 4-5 stacks. So it depends. the ent count is something that can be checked out though
    khixan likes this.
  18. Something's wrong, and I didn't make it out there to check on it. Wound up doing a nether rescue run. Lemme try and pop on now and take a look.

EDIT: 1 villager was missing and I killed 2 or 3 golems that had spawned in the cells. However, Cami, Corrupted and I all noticed that the golems are not spawning as frequently as they used to. We're getting a stack or a bit more per 10 minute now instead of 4-5 stacks like we used to. Watching the golems spawn, it is noticeably slower. We investigated, checked everything, Corrupted even went caving. No idea what is wrong or changed. Entity counts are slightly higher than they were (I am assuming squid since it says animals), but not by much at all. I am stumped and it is late. To be continued! Thanks for letting us know Tam, and thanks Cami and Corrupted for helping me, appreciate it! <3
    TotoStyle and TamTamV like this.
  19. D= its a mystery... Hope you all solve it ;)
    TotoStyle and khixan like this.
  20. Something is definitely up. I afked for 10 minutes and only got a stack and 47 ingots with looting 3. I checked all the towers and found no build up anywhere.

EDIT: The SE tower has a large monster count. I can't do any investigating though without breaking blocks.
    TotoStyle and khixan like this.