Fe(11) smp8 Public Wild Utilities Iron Farm

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Working on remaking the NE bottom cell.
    EDIT: Completely fixed up :) Moving on to finishing SW
    DOUBLE EDIT: SW Done now :D
    khixan likes this.
  2. All cells are done!
    khixan likes this.
  3. Unfortunately, the cell that is nearest to the supplies has been griefed. The walls in the cell were damaged, blocks were added to the water entry to make the person more liable to drown, but ElfinPinapple is looking into it. It's just a day of griefs, huh? P.S. If there's anything good to thing about this grief is that no building supplies were taken. ;)
  4. You have GOT to be kidding me. We sure the was not a case of someone fell in and was just trying to escape? Either way, thank you Bounty for following up on it. I'm on my way online.

Also, the SW cell had a build flaw. The villager cells were wrong and the doors and 2nd floor were 1 block too low. I was correcting it, and need to finish the villager cells on it still.

EDIT: Bounty, rdmaster and I went out to inspect. We didn't see a thing wrong. Did you fix it already dear?
  5. That means the NW villager cells are wrong :eek:
    I'll get to work on fixing it up Fixed it it up :D
    I'll carry on with the SW cell. I've finished SW. :)
    khixan likes this.
  6. I did not fix it. ElfinPinapple was still investigating.
    khixan likes this.
  7. I'm officially mystified then. We couldn't find anything wrong about 30 minutes after you left. Thank you though!
  8. Update on the build - Ender chest and build chests are all down stairs. Thank you HxCami10 for organizing them all! EnderMagic added a bridge so boaters have a way to pass under it. Thank you! MrCDub did more work on units and drop guides, thank you MrC!

Corruptedsmile, rdmaster and I took down some of the temporary structures that block light from in front of the doors. Thank you both so much, especially Corrupted who was out there all day with me! Fixed 1 villager cell, and added missing sea lanterns to others. 3 out of the 4 bottom units now have maintenance access shafts, and surrounding area has been fully slabbed and walled off. I have one unit left to do still and left access tunnel open to it. Corrupted helped me setup the strength beacon. It is armored in locked furnaces. The spider spawner location is marked with a sign near the kill chamber.

Next steps -
    • Glass the open fall to your death areas.
    • Connect road properly to the stairs leading down to kill chamber. There is temp stone we threw down just to have something to walk on.
    • Add horse barn/stables (one big one instead of the stalls we did at Pigmentus - they are always filling up). I have shown EnderMagic and EmoryCrafts where those should go (outside Fell bounds shown by temp cobble slabs between Fell and Pigmentus).
    • Add water to all villager cells and units. See docm77's video if you need instructions please on how do that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE04Ui90sQY).
    • Remove all remaining temporary structures such as the dirt around upper units. Ladders and glass should stay.
    • Add water to golem transport tubes. I do this a little differently than docm77. See world download or ask me to show you it please.
    • Add 15 block long lava blade. Bring out the fire res.
    • Add villagers to cells one unit at a time and then watch to make sure the unit is producing golems.
    • Test kill chamber. Golems should be 1 hit kills with an iron sword or better. I've never tested this with a strength beacon though, so I'd be really happy if we don't even need a sword at all.
    • Remove all temporary paths and structures. This includes the cobble square showing Fell's build boundaries.
  9. If there is anything I can help with let me know, I'd be glad to help. I have a few better photos of the build here, I don't want to spam the thread with screenshots, I'll just put one last one here though:
    HxCami10, khixan and tuqueque like this.
  10. With a strength beacon you can kill them with a wooden shovel :D
    On another note, water currents in the tunnels are done. Also, signs are ready to hold lava. I'll wait a bit before lava, I'll also get some fire resistance potions Jedi got some fore me :D Lava is all done now.
    khixan and tuqueque like this.
  11. muahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tskP0OzI

Ok few notes -
    The farm is operational if you didn't figure that out from my silly link above :D We are NOT open to the public yet because it is still really unsafe there. Lots more to do still.

I updated the "To Do" list in my post above this one. Please check it, thank you!

The entcount is super high. Forget having any animals at this place. Forget the regular spider spawner too. We consulted with NickkG (thank you!) on the entcount, and we're in the clear, but not with a huge margin of error once you factor in squid and people's horses. Let's not tempt fate.

Thank you ru42lines for coming out and joining the fun tonight! Thank you PeculiarPotato for saving the day with the spruce! Thank you EnderMagic, EmoryCraft, and ru42lines for the beautiful stables! Thank you corruptedsmile and rdmaster for all the assistance on the water and temp dirt! Thank you ChumMiner for pointing out the entcount issues! Thank you HxCami10 for getting NickkG, and helping us water cells and test the build! Thank you MonkeyRancher and tuqueueque for helping test the build, and thanks tuq for the great center piece on stairs :)

If I am forgetting to thank anyone, it's 2 hours past my bedtime lol. I gotta crash. Great work everyone, thank you all so much! :D Decorating and the rest of transportation starts next weekend. I am over and out, cheers :D
    tuqueque, ChumMiner, HxCami10 and 2 others like this.
  12. ru2lines and i slabbed the borders of the units and glass all the pits that there was potential danger( NW we didn't do the middle because there was water to the top so , dint know that situation). we also took down the walkways. we also made the borders to the road

i think what is left is prettifying
    khixan and TotoStyle like this.
  13. I'm in charge of the kill zone and utilities there (well, Khix said I could do it, I'm not entirely in charge...)
    khixan likes this.
  14. Glass definitely needed to be done over the pits, thank you! Not sure where you're slabbing, but I guess I'll find out lol.

Also added to Fell builder convo - That locked chest area is yours Toto aside from the kill chamber itself, thank you all!
    tuqueque likes this.
  15. Is it OK if I keep the kill area the same in design, same block placements and such, but change the blocks themselves?
    EG: Stone Bricks to Clay Bricks
  16. non-flammable to non-flammable is fine Toto. Just not stone to wood or messing with the water stream or the slabs (bottom or ones above the create that half and half if that makes any sense). I gotta go eat and sleep, thank you!
    TotoStyle likes this.
  17. Due to insomnia caused by living at the hospital with various family members (I hate hospitals), I did log on tonight. I increased the size of the bottom unit's drop slots because golems were jamming up. I also fixed a few things that were causing golems to spawn outside the units. Temp blocks above I think were messing with doors registering properly, shifted center of villages. That's the theory for the moment. May turn out to be wrong. I did not have a chance to check the entire build for mis-placed golems. They need to be all killed, and then see if it happens again.

Drop guides that are not bottom half slabs need to be fixed, which is going to be a chore. That's where the spiders keep coming from. Annoying.

Amenities are chugging along, thanks everyone :) Chris came out tonight and gave me a hand with a bunch of stuff, ty Chris!

If everyone in my family could stop being in the hospital, we could probably open this up February 6 or 7. As it is, I have no idea when I will be on again. One day at a time.
  18. Just wondering, who placed that anvil beneath the ender chest? It will be removed and moved.
    A anvil area will be added on the other side of the kill zone.
    What's annoying though is I have no ender chest to replace the one that was moved upwards and no silk touch pick.
  19. Hey that was me. I'l move it when I get a chance. I always keep a silk pick in my ender chest.
    ChumMiner likes this.

20. The West wing chest area is done.
    Expansion corridors will be added in the stone brick panels by me.
    khixan likes this.