Favorite Quotes :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yukon1200, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I had to read the par "s**" 3 times before I realized what it was :p
  2. "I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." Obama

''You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror.'' Bush
  3. FYI i watched that movie Joan of Arc in my social studies class and he plays a medieval king with a bowl cut
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  4. Can you imagine what it feels like to have someone sit you down and tell you that you're dying? The gravity of that, hmm? Then the clock's ticking for you. In a split second your awe is cracked open. You look at things differently - smell things differently. You savor everything be it a glass of water or a walk in the park. But most people have the luxury of not knowing when that clock's going to go off. And the irony of it is that that keeps them from really living their life. It keeps them drinking that glass of water but never really tasting it.

- Jigsaw
    sagem4tt likes this.
  5. Im gonna go drink a glass of water with pure joy.
  6. If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success-Will Smith

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger-Friedrich Nietzsche
  7. HK-47: Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  8. I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. ~Elayne Boosler
    apamment and Yukon1200 like this.
  9. "The power of grammar is awesome. Take the sentence "A woman, without her man, is nothing." All one must do is move one comma back one word to make the sentence "A woman, without her, man is nothing."" - Dr. Durrell Wallace (YSU)
    BloodDisciple likes this.
  10. ... you meant Einstein?
  11. Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
    Yukon1200 and BloodDisciple like this.
  12. The internet makes quote diggin' easy. I rarely ever "remember" a quote, at least not verbatim. I might recall the general meaning, and I usually recall the person who spoke it, what they generally stand for and such. Apamment quoted violence and that brought a lot of people to mind. These came right up.

The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence. -R. Paul

And this one I was surprised at (just found it, will have to examine a bit and possibly develop a greater appreciation for the context in which it was delivered. Consider the source :p)

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. -M. Gandhi [an interesting and funny Penn & Teller commentary on Gandhi... mind you, P&T like their colorful language]

THIS one, though, I always remember. Gen. Moltke is always misquoted as saying no plan survives contact with the enemy. I appreciate even the misquote, because it still manages to capture the general idea. In fact, Moltke was telling us how things fall apart, and why planning is a persistent, ongoing effort.

The tactical result of an engagement forms the base for new strategic decisions because victory or defeat in a battle changes the situation to such a degree that no human acumen is able to see beyond the first battle. In this sense one should understand Napoleon's saying: "I have never had a plan of operations." Therefore...

"... no plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the enemy's main force."
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  13. "Nobody ever defended anything successfully, There is only attack and attack and attack some more." - George S. Patton
  14. Check my signature for more information.
  15. Epic.
    This one was said in the A-Team (New one) I forgot the name of him, he played quigon in Star wars I?
  16. Oh you mean Liam Neeson! Yeah he's a preety good actor. :3
  17. "My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates

Socrates is such a boss XD
  18. "A day full of negativity is a day wasted"
    -Cory Williams

"If being myself makes me look like an idiot, then I'm the biggest idiot you will ever meet."
    -Yours Truly
  19. Some more of my favorites:

"Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to get back up." -Batman Begins

"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare." -Fred Allen

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life; and that is why I have succeeded." -Michael Jordan

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is obviously not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." -Einstein

"All men are equal before fish." -Herbert Hoover

"Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a LOT." -Groucho Marx
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  20. This reminded me of a Veggie Tales quote :D

Larry Boy is a Batman-esque spoof and in one of them Archibald Asparagus falls over and since he has no arms, says "Help I have fallen and I cannot get up" XD
    SecretAznEks likes this.