Farmer jaqque has a Problem

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jaqque, May 28, 2021.

1. His cows like to BASE jump.

.. right onto my crops. They would hop up on the pumpkins and melons, then BASE jump to the crops and destroy my precious farmland. I would like to discourage such illicit and destructive behavior.

As a top-gap (stop-jump?), I have floating melons/pumpkins so I can get in and harvest, and the cows can't squeeze their way onto them.

Pictured: two sad cows that can't BASE jump onto my farmland

The problem with solution is it's ugly and un-natural. Melons don't simply float in midair. I don't want to full-on deny the cows the pleasure of walking through the farmland, nor do I wish to inhibit player travel in and out of the demarked farms.

Does anyone have any idea how I can prevent the cows from hopping up to the dizzying heights of the melons, while simultaneously allow unfettered access and keeping things normal looking and harvestable?

Nice, overhead view. See those happy (floating) melons? They look normal from the top at least.
    Nickblockmaster and liamwill like this.
  2. This is the exact behavior I am talking about - see this cow trying to lure the other cows? This might be the start of a revolution, I don't know. I don't speak mooese.

liamwill likes this.
  3. Carpet on top of the crops. :)
  4. I don't either but body language is universal. :)

You may want to reconsider that sword's location. A couple of the cows seem to be staring right at it.

EDIT: Especially since their kin is right next to it. I doubt they're happy about that...
  5. That would be very effective at stopping bovine-related damage. It'll also make harvesting the wheat there difficult; and would detract from the natural beauty.

I am already using blue carpet to cover the water, to prevent falling in then having to hop out potentially disrupting the farmland there. When we have half-slab lapis I'm going to use that instead.
    liamwill likes this.
  6. That is the Cow Culler. It's the sword I use to humanely kill the cows to lovingly flame broil into the finest hamburgers available on any SMP. They do probably hate everything that sword stands for. Luckily, for me, cows don't have opposable hooves so I feel safe leaving it there - reminding them their deliciousness is to be realized.

MoreMoople, liamwill and TECtock like this.
  7. All of jaqque's cows atm.

8. I love this.