Fabric Loader & Fabric API help

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Astromath1959, Aug 30, 2021.

1. I need help installing these. The loader seems to work fine, but looking at the .jar file in the versions folder, it has size 0k.

Loading the Fabric API into the mod folder causes an incompatibility error (i.e., the .jar file is not recognized as a legal mod).
  2. Are they the recommended versions for each? Mine work fine.
    weeh likes this.
  3. Yep. They are under the Approved Mods list as required mods for the fabric mods listed above.
  4. Could you send your full log? (This can be found in the .minecraft/logs folder)
  5. I've made a zip file of the whole folder. Now, I just can't seem to find how to send it to you.
  6. I wouldn't really recommend doing so, because the logs include stuff like your private messages. You can just upload the one where you were getting the incompatibility error to something like Pastebin. :)
  7. Ok. I'll zip all the ones for that single date then.
  8. After looking at the log folder, I just now realized the latest are text files.

debug log
    latest log

Where the log stops is when I get the message: "File fabric-api-0.39.2+1.17.jar is a Fabric mod and cannot be loaded"

Had to force close MC to get the full log.

Here's the files in my mod folder:
    fabric-api-0.39.2+1.17.jar
    Xaeros_Minimap_FP21.16.0_Forge_1.17.1.jar

Here's the folders & files in my version folder:

1.17.1 (folder)
    [tab] 1.17.1.jar (file)
    [tab] 1.17.1.json (file)

1.17.1-forge-37.0.47 (folder)
    [tab] 1.17.1-forge-37.0.47.jar (file)
    [tab] 1.17.1-forge-37.0.47.json (file)

1.17.1-OptiFine_HD_U_G9_pre33 (folder)
    [tab] 1.17.1-OptiFine_HD_U_G9_pre33.jar (file)
    [tab]1.17.1-OptiFine_HD_U_G9_pre33.json (file)

fabric-loader-0.11.6-1.17.1 (folder)
    [tab] fabric-loader-0.11.6-1.17.1.jar (file) [size] 0k
    [tab] fabric-loader-0.11.6-1.17.1.json (file)
    [tab] optifabric-1.11.20.jar

version_manifest_v2.json (file)

P.S. Having trouble with Optifine as well.
  9. You have Forge installed. Fabric and Forge mods are not compatible and won't work together. After installation, you should have a new profile in the launcher called something along the lines of "fabric".
    EfficiencyV and JesusPower2 like this.
  10. To add info here. Forge and Fabric are competing products.

Forge will ignore Fabric mods. Hence the warning you saw, because you're launching the Forge profile and it won't load a Fabric mod. Look for the Fabric profile in the dropdown if you want to use Fabric mods.

(edit: Optifine 1.17 isn't compatible with Forge. It's hidden in the details of their changelog.)
    EfficiencyV likes this.
  11. Ah. It wasn't clear that forge & fabric could not work together.
  12. Took forge off and added fabric. There's more fabric allowed mods I want than forge. Oh, well. Can't have them all.