[EVENTS] 5th Annual EMC Wallpaper Contest RESULTS

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Nov 12, 2016.

1. As decided by your community vote, please congratulate the winners of the 2016 Wallpaper Contest as shown below. Prizes will be delivered before the end of the day to the winners' vaults and/or rupee balance.

1st place: Peanut52

2nd place: Raaynn

3rd place: EnderMagic1
  2. first! these look so cool!
    EDIT: my fav is first but I like 3rd over 2ed personally congrats to the winners! u guys did a great job!
  3. Congrats :D All the wallpapers were great!
  4. Holy ..., Didn't expect to win anything! WOW!

Congratulations to the others, and really to everyone who entered. Liked this event!
    607, DarkModFallen and rhxa like this.
  5. Good job every one .
  6. Congrats! Those are all gorgeous. That second one I especially love the style of, wow.
    607 and Patr1cV like this.
  7. Is there a place we can view all of the wallpapers?
  8. EnderMagic, you sneak :D

I didn't even knew you were using my persona / skin in your picture, that was quite a surprise. I love it! And congrats on 3rd place :)

And of course also congratulations to all the others, that's some cool artwork up there!
    607, SkeleTin007 and EnderMagic1 like this.
  9. The public vote had them for view in another thread.
    607, DrMadFate and NathanRP like this.
  10. Great job everyone!
  11. Congratulations, guys! They all look great. :)
    607 likes this.
  12. Love these ones, remember voting for one or two of these as well! Good job to everyone that took part, they all look great :)
    607 likes this.
  13. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this.. :/ First of all, I was really surprised when I won 3rd with 'this art.' I was really happy :D I have never won a major contest like this, but now I can add it to my achieved goals.
    I did it!
    I have always wanted to win one of these contests, but I wish it could've been better. Congrats to Peanut and Raaynn! Those wallpapers are epic, and I really want to win next year. :cool:

On the other hand, I am quite disappointed with myself. I wish I entered a better wallpaper. Seeing what I can do now, the 3rd place wallpaper up there, doesn't satisfy my expectations. C'mon. I have done WAY better graphics than that one. For example, this wallpaper was finished a week ago. It only took a few days. :)

Thus, I feel really bad about taking the rupees. It doesn't feel right to my standards. In order to re-distrubute the rupees, I will be hosting a small giveaway on the forums, once I receive the prize. Thanks all for your support. Thanks for voting for me. Next time there is a wallpaper contest, you will not be disappointed. ;)

-Ender
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. I look forward to it. Everyone gets a little better with time. With you already winning 3rd, I'm sure you'll blow the community away next year! :D
    607 and DrMadFate like this.
  15. Don't be disappointed, instead embrace the progress you made in the mean time. Because that is what this is all about: it shows you your own progress in the field, it's only natural to spot flaws and mishaps in your past work.

Word of the wise: Don't try to redo history. Meaning: if you shared some artwork which players really liked then don't try to take up on it, redo it and then make it "better". Because it wouldn't be better, it would be different. And in some cases much different from what people liked in the first place.

But yeah, don't feel bad! What you're experiencing is getting confronted with your past, and everyone who has done something creative has experienced this. From looking back at old code, old audio material, old redstone circuits right down to old artwork.
    607 likes this.
  16. Congratz to you three .. nice work there and thank you to everyone that entered. I very much enjoyed getting to check out all that wonderful creativity. =D
    607 likes this.
  17. Thanks guys! Congrats to Ray and Ender as well :)
    607 likes this.