[EVENTS] 2016 EMC Voting Contest RESULTS

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Nov 12, 2016.

1. I won something on here unknowingly? (Airhead moment, I know lol)

Wow, thanks guys; uh, may I ask what a voter's block is used for? (I'm assuming it's for decoration.)
    ShelLuser and Tuqueque like this.
  2. Hey I won something :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Awesome! :)
    Sgt_Pepper4, ShelLuser and Dufne like this.
  4. Can we get an adjustment that rule? Like, start with the highest tier drawing, winners excluded from all drawings below that point?
    This has been a consistent thing with voting contests the past few times, where a few people won multiple times (which results in fewer winners overall).
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. Exactly! And voting helps our awesome site grow bigger!...
    But Shel, shel,its not iron you have to send ... but the random block of the day...
    And a big congratulations to all the winners... it makes one feel good to win a little bonus for your efforts.
    Cya next year Mr.Contest
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. We've talked about this in the past, but we want more effort to equal in more chance. The tiers were designed with 2 different systems. One being for vote bonus increases and the other for vote bonus total. While it is true that we've had dual winners, it's all based off of random drawing and they were eligible for multiple tiers because they put in the effort.
  7. Was this not originally posted at 800+ on the post starting the voting period? So why was it changed? Now I'm wondering just how many people had 800 or more votes at the end of the voting period?
  8. As noted in the contest, if we experienced voting hiccups there would be adjustments made. Well, there were hiccups so we adjusted it.
    DrMadFate and ShelLuser like this.
  9. That is just awesome, really. I seriously like it how you guys pay attention to details like that. As one of the more, uhm, determined (?) voters (or so I think) I concur: I've noticed these hiccups myself but always shrugged it off as "risks which come with the territory".

So yeah, thanks for going the extra mileage there Kryssyy! Not so much for me, but I know it might have upset some players (not too much, but I have heard mentioning of the voting contest when things went haywire a little with some sites).
    607 and Kytula like this.
  10. Didn't even realize this was going on! Congrats to everyone who won though!
  11. Two weeks later I randomly open vault and realize I won something. Nice. :)
    UltiPig likes this.