[EVENT] Windylava's/SSRC Million Rupee 9th EMC Birthday

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Windylava, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Hey Everyone!

DATE: FRIDAY MARCH 12th, 2021
    TIME: 10:00pm Eastern Standard Time
    WHERE: SMP2 at the Space Needle /v 3561

JEOPARDY TRIVIA EXTRAVAGANZEA!

I cannot believe how the time has passed, in only 9 days I will be 9 years old on EMC. It feels like it was only yesterday that I was emerging from under the sandstone spawn into the bright and sunny sky of SMP2. I joined when I was only 13 years old, and in a month I will be celebrating my 23rd birthday in real life.

I grew up with the EMC community and we made it through together, even the rough and sometimes crazy parts (sorry about that). My experiences here with you allowed me to grow into the person I am today. I wouldn't change it for the world and I want to always say how thankful I am to have been apart of it for so long.

(My very first residence almost 9 years ago).

For me, I started off as a humble builder just wanting to reach for the star. However, the building company I had formed SSRC became much more than a building company. SSRC became about helping new players, giving back, helping to make EMC fun, and hosting community events. In that, I found my real passion. I came to realize I had a greater love and passion for public service and politics than I did for Architecture. Because of EMC I have my Bachelors in Political Science now and am working on my Master's in Public Policy. EMC changed the course of my life, and I am happier for it. I am forever grateful.

(The view of the top of Downtown SMP2)

EMC was part of my childhood, and you all have been my second family.

So..... enough sentimental, let's get to the good stuff. I want to do something really special this year as I usually end up missing my EMC birthday.

DATE: FRIDAY MARCH 12th, 2021
    TIME: 10:00pm Eastern Standard Time
    WHERE: SMP2 at the Space Needle /v 3561

JEOPARDY TRIVIA EXTRAVAGANZEA!

Friday night at 10pm I will be hosting an old Jeopardy Style Trivia Night at the Space Needle on SMP2.
    • Trivia will feature 3 rounds of 10 questions segments, each question will be awarded separately and will be worth an increasing amount of rewards money.
    • The final question of each round will have a "grand prize."
      • Round 1 grand prize = 1 Diamond Supporter Voucher
      • Round 2 grand prize = 1 Diamond Supporter Voucher
      • Round 3 grand prize = 1,000,000 rupees.
    • Each Segment will have a different topic and will be announced the night before.
    GENERAL RULES:

• Use res chat for answering questions,
    • First to type the answer wins,
    • Correct Spelling matter's but one letter off will be accepted.
    • Cash rewards will be sent immediately after each question.
    There will be more informal events throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday and will be a bit more fun and less high stakes. More details to follow but will not be included on this thread as they will be occurring on Saturday and Sunday in a more informal capacity. Essentially, whatever we feel like doing those days.
    If you would like to donate any items or more for the events please feel free to PM me on the forums or stop by the Space Needle at 3561 and drop it in the donation chest.
    Feel free to suggest informal events for Saturday and Sunday below as well!
    Warmest Regards,
    - Windylava
  2. Wow I cannot wait to watch! Cannot believe we have known each other for 8/9 of those and have been friends ever since!
    Big__Kev and Windylava like this.
  3. Bump!
    Tbird1128 likes this.
  4. sounds fun i will come
    Windylava likes this.
  5. I will come if I am about!
    Tbird1128 and Windylava like this.
  6. This will be shared !!! Happy B-Day and love this post!!!!
    Windylava likes this.
  7. Woahhhhh
    Windylava likes this.
  8. Yes I love Jeopardy! Rest in piece Alex Trebek. I'll try to be there if I can make it.
    Windylava likes this.
  9. Bump!
    EquableHook likes this.
  10. You knew I was gonna come dont lie!
    Windylava likes this.
  11. Just wanted to thank everyone for coming last night! I had a lot of fun and Congratulations to EMC's newest Millionaire Asdf007! I hope everyone had fun and don't forget to say hi if you see me online!