[Event] The Smooth Stone Trials

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Unoski, Dec 6, 2021.

?

All aboard the hype train?

Choo Choo! 15 vote(s) 83.3%
No. 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Try it out!
    5911 on /Utopia

Do you have what it takes to conquer each trial?

Grand Opening: February 1st

What YOU Can Win:
    Master of the Trials
    (Unoski's Head)

The Smooth Stone Trials Conqueror
    (Signed Certificate of Completion Book)

Aquatic Bonus Head
    (Smooth Stone Head)

Redstone Bonus Head
    (Double Smooth Stone Slab Head)

Golden Dripleaf Bonus Head
    (Golden Smooth Stone Head)

Golden Mashup Bonus Head
    (Golded Double Smooth Stone Slab Head)

Certification of Completion
    For every maze you complete, including signing up!
  2. :D
    Unoski likes this.
  3. It is my intent to make this a living series of trials. Over time I will be changing, expanding, and possibly removing trials.

Of course, this makes me wonder if I should have a separate certificate for each trial and update the certificates as I change things around. Any thoughts?
    Dreacon78 likes this.
  4. Before considering that, I wonder what your motivations are for making it 'a living series of trials'?
  5. I want to involve as many logic mazes as possible. I'll admit, there is a maze in here that I am not particularly fond of and may be the first on the chopping block if I see fit. There are areas to expand on and areas that may be modified if they are deemed too easy or too hard. So I wouldn't be surprised about seeing a "Vertical Trial II" or something similar in the future.

Furthermore, there are derivatives that I plan on including. And the goal is to have players proceed through all of these mazes to obtain the title of the Master of the Trials.
    607 likes this.
  6. Then I think that it would be cool if the certificate would include the revision number.
    I also think it would be cool if you could save a schematica file of each version. :) Of course this should not be shared, as it would allow insight that could be abused on current revisions, but you could just keep it yourself, or let me back it up somewhere, as I wouldn't load it.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I will be introducing you to the team I have put together in order to make the Smooth Stone Trials come to fruition. I have specifically hired these staff members for their skills. They will also be helping me sign you guys up for this event.

Everybody, please meet Briana. Briana specializes in the information department and has a grand knowledge of the Smooth Stone Trials. I trust that she will always point you guys in the right direction whenever you need help. She is nothing short of a genius.

Thank you for your help, Briana.

8. Everybody, please meet Pete, our Event Coordinator. In the interview, Pete excelled at customer service and time management, which made him the obvious choice for Event Coordinator. With Pete at the helm, I could not be more happier.

Thank you for your help, Pete.
  9. In the interview? Time management is impressive but believable, but I can't imagine customer service. :p
    Unoski likes this.

10. this is amari. amari is in charge of qualty assurence. amari was brought on 4 there eye for detales. with amari double and triple checking nything tat happens wit this event, i no nothing can go wrong and this event will look terrfic.

thx, amari
  11. My eyes.
    Unoski likes this.

12. The fourth member I'd like to introduce you to is Barry: the man who handles player feedback. I brought on Barry due to his interest in the event overall. I believe that Barry has the ability to really listen to and resolve all feedback we receive.

Thank you for your help, Barry.

Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  13. Hi, Barry.
    What's your opinion on these events so far, Barry?
    Unoski likes this.
  14. Thanks, Barry!
    Why no Trebuchet MS, though? (that's some feedback, I guess)
    Unoski likes this.
  15. So 1.18 has come sooner than anticipated.

Due to this, it is with great happiness that I announce that the entire maze will be open for all to complete on February 1st.

Of course, I need to gauge participations, so signing up will still be required. I hate to have people complete something for nothing of benefit to them, so I will just throw a little reward for those who don't mind going through a little bureaucracy. I'll be calling it the Bureaucratic Trial as an excuse for including it in this project.

So there you have it. As long as you can sign up for this event, you'll get a participation award.

The Smooth Stone Trials open up February 1st!
    607 and SteamingFire like this.
  16. Can we sign up starting February?
    Unoski likes this.
  17. Yes. Signups will be mandatory before you begin the maze. This allows me to have statistics on participation. Don’t worry, it’ll all be straight forward.

February 1st will begin signups and maze participation. You’ll begin in the sign up area before being guided to the vertical trial.
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  18. *shaking with anticipation*
    Unoski likes this.
  19. The Smooth Stone Trials is officially open!
    607 likes this.