[Event Suggestion] Nether Rocket Race

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by neonkillah, Mar 25, 2020.

1. I recently had to make a base far away in the wilderness. I chose to take the fast path through the nether, but wanted to go faster. I equipped my elytra and duration 3 rockets, and soared to over 5000 blocks at an alarming rate. Weaving through winding valleys, dodging obstacles, skimming lava lakes and jumping ghasts in their own element was exhilarating. I think a race of this caliber would be equally so.

My proposition:
    • Start: Wilderness nether's center
    • Finish Line: Race to a certain X/Z axis (i.e, first 3 participants past X=4000 wins)
      • This is in place of racing to a particular position, which prevents players from taking an unlucky turn and having significantly lower chances
    • Equipment: Players start with no gear, and are each given a soulbound elytra wing (Unbreaking III) with 8 Flight Duration 1 rockets and 32 Flight Duration 3 rockets
      • Postcondition: All participants get their inventory wiped afterwards, so they cannot keep their elytra
    • Prizes: Up to you all. OP elytra or a permanent Duration I/II rocket would be very cool
    I welcome any thoughts.
    SkeleTin007, Raaynn and Kryarias like this.
  2. Sounds like fun! i have a couple questions though,

would there be a set path to follow or anything so that people don't get lost? or is that part of the challenge,

Would this be on Games server?
  3. I don't really like the idea of a set path, because that takes away from some of the thrill. However, in my proposal, I deal with players getting lost by having the objective be "go east until X is greater than 4000", rather than "go to X=4000,Y=0". If you try this out yourself, you'll find it practically impossible to become "lost".

I don't think this would be on the games server, unless it could generate a (pretty large) nether zone.
    Raaynn likes this.
  4. In order to give out a special item for completion (OP elytra/special rocket) that gets deleted at the end, it would HAVE to be on games server or another controlled area. Is there a version that could use non-OP items given out by the server?
    Another note: if only x/z access, how do you determine who wins absolutely (in the case of a close race)?
    SkeleTin007 and Raaynn like this.
  5. Maybe at the end a chest item needs to be grabbed..?.. ie a written book
  6. Perhaps by setting down a lock sign? That gives the the time and location if I remember correctly.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  7. It's been a while since I've played EMC consistently and I'm unfortunately not familiar with the capabilities that senior staff has. What TomvanWijnen said, if true, sounds very promising:
    I see no issue with it being on the game server so long as a natural nether environment can be spawned. Otherwise, for elytra/special rockets, the materials needed are.. fairly cheap. It could be a community-funded activity. I have about 7 elytras I would be willing to part with for the game, and a hundred or so thousand rupees I'd put into it if needed.
  8. T
    THat would require a certain Y axis which it looks like they are trying to avoid.
    That's an idea that would work I believe.
    I'd rather run this sans-OP items because we don't want terrain generation on Games. So race in the nether to a certain x/z? That the gist of it?
  9. Yeppers!