[EVENT] Siege The Castle! ... if you dare...

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Stnywitness, Jun 5, 2020.

?

Like This Idea?

YES! I hope to be there. 12 vote(s) 92.3%
Eh... 2 vote(s) 15.4%
No. 1 vote(s) 7.7%
The banner... IS AWESOME 2 vote(s) 15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. Thanks to EnderMagic1 for such an AWESOME event banner! (make sure to view it in full screen. Lots of little details) ;)

(I know this looks like a lot of text, but it really only takes a minute or two to read)
    So... the banner explains quite a bit.
    But here are the details:

SYNOPSIS:

Lord Stnywitness, ruler of the Western Kingdom, declares a mighty war upon the tribe of the well-known Empire. Warriors shall come from smp's around, to challenge Lord Stnywitness and his tyrannical reign upon the Western Kingdom. They will charge at his mighty castle, but all will surely fall before the throne of Lord Stnywitness! They will try to take his castle, but none will succeed. Do you dare lay a siege upon the mighty fortress?

-From the scribes of his majesty, Lord Stnywitness.

WHEN?
    This is an upcoming event! It will most likely happen in Late June or July sometime. I will post an exact date a couple of weeks from now.

WHERE?
    Waste West, Smp2. When you spawn in the waste, just walk straight ahead. Walk forward for less than 1 minute, and you'll see a strange dirt structure. It has been blocked off so you cannot enter, but you can see the construction. You can also see a castle wall! Note: This is still in construction, and it will look a lot better the more I work on it. Please do not harm or build around or inside of this structure. Thank you!

WHY?
    ...just because... raining arrows upon "defenseless" individuals is just... awesome. XD

More Details And How It Will Work:
    Players will attempt to charge at Lord Stnywitness' Castle, avoiding his nasty traps and bombs. Once they reach the castle wall, they will have to navigate a world underneath the castle, while continually being surprised by horrendous traps (similar to an escape room...) They will try and get to the heart of the castle, a large stash of MONEY.

How much prize money?
    Currently 100K - Feel free to donate to increase the prize mula!

The first person who gets to the end and reaches the prize first, will acquire a book, write their name on it, and mail it to me. First person to do this gets the prize money!

I, Lord Stnywitness, will rain fire arrows upon the intruders, and light TnT, having it fall upon the foreign invaders. I will (attempt to) gather hostile mobs and have them attack you as well...

Note: When coming to this event, bring soulbound gear. Do not bring anything you don't want to lose, because you will most likely die and lose your belongings (sometimes in a pit of lava). Bring either soulbound gear, or stuff you don't care to lose.

You will be allowed to build and destroy some things, but please only do so where you are allowed to. (I will have signs put up where you are not allowed to build/destroy. The rules will be posted on the site before the event starts. You MUST follow these rules, or you will not be able to attend the event.)

More details will come!
    Meanwhile, discuss this in the comments below! Let me know what you think about it, and let me know if you are planning to come or not. Thanks!
  2. I have always wanted to see an event like this on EMC. Sounds great
    Stnywitness likes this.
  3. This sounds great :) I will certainly try and make it if I can! I even made it into the banner thanks!! haha

(one thing you need to make very certain of: tell people like 15 times that they could die, and they very well may lose gear/durability so be prepared for that. You always get that one person who completely ignored all the warnings and complain to staff that they lost something valuable)
    Kryarias and Stnywitness like this.
  4. Thank EnderMagic1 for puttin u in ;)

Yes, I was planning on lettin people know repeatedly. :) Lol
    StnyPawsJr and Eviltoade like this.
  5. <3 I usually keep forgetting about events like this or I can't make them, but since you don't have a specific date and time let's just say I'll make it. (Even though I don't know)
    Stnywitness likes this.
  6. Bump!

I added flags to the castle, and man, it took a lot longer than expected. Had to get the flow of the flag just right lol. Now, I am working on the redstoning area for the automatic fire arrow launchers of doom...

MWWWHhhhhaaaahhaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    <insert evil cackle here>
  7. I added 100K to the prize pool!
    Please, if you want to increase the prize money, please send a payment to me, with the reason labeled "Siege the castle money," or something like that. I appreciate your support!

Thanks! :D
    StnyPawsJr and Kryarias like this.
  8. Cool!
    Stnywitness likes this.
  9. Bump! I added some more detailing (and the first of the traps) to the castle. More work being done on it every couple days! :D
    StnyPawsJr likes this.
  10. I’ve always wanted to see something like this I’ll try my best to make it
    Stnywitness likes this.
  11. I remember a while back this was a staff event, I always wanted it to come back because it was creative! Good on you Stnywitness bringing it back :)
    Stnywitness likes this.
  12. Honestly never thought this would return... cant wait :D
    Stnywitness likes this.
  13. Don't know that I have that much soulbound gear except for the voter stuff. The protection is not enough for my level of bravery. Sounds interesting though. I might drop by just to check it out.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  14. Woot! This is gonna be awesome
    Stnywitness likes this.
  15. This sounds really awesome! I commend those who succeed in taking down Lord Stnywitness. :D
    Stnywitness likes this.
  16. Haha. You can try! >:)
    StnyPawsJr and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  17. Making much progress! Pictures:
    StnyPawsJr and Kryarias like this.
  18. Recently made the dirt walls along the side reach up to the cobble wall, mostly to discourage climbing over the wall.
  19. Looks epic so far!
    Stnywitness likes this.