[EVENT] Secret Garden Build Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Might need to search that up on my good old pal... google :p
    Silken_thread likes this.
  2. I imagine a secret garden as a private area of beauty. Buildings, fences, trees, water could all be used if desired. This is a suggested 'theme' rather than a required format, so be creative and keep it in mind. Even in a huge city there could be a secret garden on a roof top or courtyard. A story book or pictures from a better homes and gardens magazine could be an inspiration if you are stuck on where to start.

Don't be afraid to experiment. I hope everyone has different ideas and enjoys bringing them to life.
  3. Oh, that'g good. Ill carry on!
  4. For those who have never done it this might help as a general guideline for the world upload (even if its not meant for that site its basically the same steps)
  5. When you say "single player" I am assuming this does not mean we can use a "creative mode - single player game". I feel like that would give an unfair advantage to those choosing to build it in EMC. Am I correct?
  6. Since the OP states that there is no restriction on version almost any single-player world will have an advantage as there are more items to build with in 1.8.x - this includes stuff like armor stands , more stone variations etc
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  7. :eek: I built it in super-flat creative with cheats, the usual.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  8. Challenge accepted.
  9. You're in luck! I've created a guide for such problems.

10. How can I submit this in singleplayer?
  11. See the post above you.
  12. crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  13. And ninja'd you along the way... twice! :p
  14. Started work on my project:
    2015-04-15_10.28.41.png
    Not much to look at so far, but I only started work 15 minutes ago!
    cdjs1987 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  15. No, you can use creative. I'm simply stating for the people that WANT to build it on EMC that they are allowed. That was a big confusion point in past contests. Often times the expensive materials don't look as good in the design anyway.

For those that are confused about the theme:
    It is intended to be a open minded build. Secret garden might mean following the idea of a hidden garden behind a piston door, or it might just mean quiet and secluded or any number of things. The theme should be interpreted how YOU want to see it, to a limit. Obviously it doesn't mean a giant skyscraper in the Tron world though =P

As for custom mobs in the build:
    This is a build contest, not a code one (hence why Cmmand Blocks are disallowed). Any custom mobs created will have no influence on judging the build.
  16. I'm a little confused with the "secret garden" theme. I thought of making a structure with a compound that got taken over by nature and long abandoned. So, it would be more of a hidden garden. Would this work? I am still going to add flowers to it in a creative way also with plants.
    crystaldragon13 and Dwiss like this.
  17. Answered in my edit above while you were typing that =P
    crystaldragon13 and cowland123 like this.
  18. Since the build, even if made in single-player, is residence-size, does this mean the winning build will live somewhere official on the Empire?
  19. Nope, it just means that it was a good basic size to use for the contest to avoid confusion when on a player's plot =P
  20. I will give this a go :D
    crystaldragon13 likes this.