[EVENT] PWU Big Dig Special Nether Edition

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by khixan, Jul 12, 2017.

?

Ghasts are really

Poll closed Aug 12, 2017.
Marshmallows in need of roasting 19 vote(s) 61.3%
Nether floating fish 7 vote(s) 22.6%
The true cats of the Minecraft world 1 vote(s) 3.2%
Our overlords of gunpowder and tears 2 vote(s) 6.5%
Cephalopods 2 vote(s) 6.5%

1. WHEN
    Saturday, July 29, 2017
    2pm to 6pm EMC time (EST)

WHERE
    SMP8, /Wild N
    Go due north from Wild North and enter the nether portal for the Nether Express. Take an ice boat to the first and only intersection. First door to your left past the intersection (there will be signs).

WHO
    Several members of EMC's staff are going to be helping me run this loony bin, or just popping by for a guest appearance and fun! EvilToade, Slvr, CarolMoss, CrystalDragon13, and HxCami10 :) Special love to BurgerKnight who will be with us in spirit though not avatar sadly.

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?
    A Big Dig, Special Nether Edition
    Come die with us, and help us kick off the latest PWU build!
    Have you ever wanted to participate in one of the PWU projects (Public Wild Utilities)? Have a hankering for multiple fiery deaths in the Nether? Or maybe you just really want a lot of nether rack or brick! This event is for you :D

PWU will be building at this site
    SCREAM FOR ME
    We want to bring to EMC "Ghast Fishing At Its Finest".
    To do that, first we need to clear out a 50x50 bedrock to bedrock hunk of nether.
    Another 50 blocks further out will also need to be cleared, though to a shallower height/depth(Y25-Y100). I have put up "guides" outlining the areas.

What we've setup for all participants -
    • We've brought the bacons! (4 full powered beacons are up.)
    • 2 DCs of free fire res potions courtesy of H00D. Bringing your own is appreciated, but we hopefully have you covered if you need some fire res.
    • Courtesy of MrCDub, ThaKloned, and other donators, we have over 2 DCs of diamond picks for you to use. That's right - Use our tools, don't risk yours! (Limit 1 pick per player unless otherwise stated during the event.)
    • Buckets, ladders, and whatever else we thought might be useful including the usual amenities (bed, ender chest, food, etc).
    • A small safe house, and semi-safe path (it's the nether folks - nothing is really safe there).
    • A giant smelter. Make your nether brick right on site to take home with you courtesy of Lacronton!
    All participants are welcome to keep whatever they mine(rack, lava, glowstone, and while many of you might hope for quartz, I'm not sure there will be any at this location due to its age and proximity to spawn - but one can hope!).

Please be prepared for the nether in the wild. I advise not bringing anything with you that you're not willing to lose to a potential lava death. All sacrifices to the ghast spawning lords are appreciated.

We have surveyed this location to the very best of our ability to make sure it is clear. In the unforeseen event that you run into a hidden player structure, please PM a staff member (or me if they aren't available).

About SCREAM FOR ME, the future build that will go at this location -
    While I encourage everyone to try out the entertainment and hilarity that is Ghast Fishing, shooting the ghasts will also work perfectly well. It should be a nice resource for getting gunpowder, tears, and the coveted ghast head. No lava will eat these drops!

I hope to see you all there, thank you! :D
    -khixan
  2. RESERVED for further details and after event reports.
    Thanks to kaptrix for the great graphic up top!
    Tuqueque and kaptrix like this.
  3. This sounds like a ton of fun. I hope I am able to make it :p
    khixan likes this.
  4. Awesome! :) Loving these PWU projects
    khixan likes this.
  5. Awesome! This is on at a perfect time for me. Also, I know from experience that you might need more than 2 DCs of pickaxes, so if you do I am happy to provide :)
    khixan likes this.
  6. Thanks all!
    I'm more concerned we'll run out of fire res potions, but you could be right Pete. We'll see how many folks turn up, much appreciated man!
  7. Woohoo! More destruction in the Nether! Death to the Ghasts! DEATH!

*contains self* I mean, to the Nether we go to produce another fantastic community build for all to use. :D
    khixan likes this.
  8. In that case...

I assume regular PWU helpers/maintainers are allowed to add stuff to the event area?

I have an automated potion brewer (and 1.12 fixed those!). All it takes for fire resistance are some magma creams (around 18 I think for one DC) and those are easily made. Next are some water bottles of course but that's also not much of a challenge (plenty of sand in the waste, I even got left overs from crafting concrete).

SO I'll just cook up another DC (or 2), and if my assumption about PWU is correct I'll just give the stuff to Aya and ask her to place the chest(s) near the other ones. Easy :)

No worries about the potions.
    khixan and FadedMartian like this.
  9. Silly Shelly ^.^ (he doesnt like any1 saying that :D)

i looked at pwu storage and found some potions, we brewed some stuff and now u got 4 DC of fire resist pots @ pwu storage (i sorted potions).

but is a problem: how are u gonna get that @ event site? i looked around but pwu has no shulker boxes i think, but we do now ^.^

added 3 shulker boxes filled with more firepots. so should be very easy 2 take that 2 the event and pwu ppl can re-use the boxes 4 other mats transfers
    khixan likes this.
  10. You guys rock, thank you so much! <3
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  11. I'm sure I can find a few thousand beef to bring out in case anyone gets hungry :)

Anything else you can think of let me know! As it stands now I don't see why I can't make it! I start my vacation on the 28th :D
    khixan and ShelLuser like this.
  12. I'll try to make it out to this and you're welcome to any supplies I have on my res, I'll have to review what the needs are though but if I have it, it's yours.
    khixan likes this.
  13. Thanks Wayne! <3
  14. Not sure if I'll be able to make it (Timezones suck). But if I can help out in any way, Send me a PM =)
    khixan likes this.
  15. Thank you Wardle! I think we're set for the moment :)
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  16. I should be there :)
    khixan likes this.
  17. Thank you so much! Never can have too much fire res in the nether.
    Those shulker boxes will get put to good use too! I don't think you've been with us long enough to have had the joyous experience of "ok, everyone grab all the stuffs up from the build and take it back to my 4th..." Whereupon my 4th res becomes a disaster of chests LOL <3
    AyanamiKun, SkeleTin007 and ThaKloned like this.
  18. Are you ready for Saturday? :D See OP for details!
    Come die with me
    On a Big Dig in the Nether
    Where PWU will build
    Scream For Me
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. sounds awesome!
    khixan likes this.
  20. CAKE OR DEATH?

Are we still having this event even with all the purple birthday stuff going down?
    YES, of course :) Go have some birthday cake, and then come and get your death ;)

2pm today, wild north smp8

For anyone running late, here's the directions. Bring a boat please in case we run out of free ones.
    Go due north from /Wild N (There is a bunny boat bridge over water that frequently gets damaged.)
    1 block outside protected zome, you'll see a build and a Nether Portal. This is the Nether Express. Go through the portal.
    Hop in your boat on the ice. Go straight down. You will see signs and markers of where to stop.
    Tuqueque and Jadziaa like this.