[ EVENT ] Player of The Month 2017

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by sadinstafeed, Jan 22, 2017.

1. I don't know if this is a thing but I want to connect with the community!

Ever had an EMC bud that helps you out with EVERYTHING ( or almost everything ). Have a staff member that makes you happy when they're on an makes your EMC experience much more enjoyable? Want to show appreciation for them, well this is the event for you! POTM (Player of The Month ) is a monthly event I want to bring to EMC to show appreciation and gratitude for other players. This event might encourage players to help the server more and will help the players in this event to know we love them to death for everything they have done!

There is no list of players as there is usually too many helpful players so I ask that you leave a comment here with your POTM and whoever receives the most replies and likes for that month will receive 5k from me and whatever the community donates for the event overall. I realize this thread is a bit late but let's consider this for the month of January, and the Winner will be chosen Febuary 1st!

Donations: 10131 ( Hopper will be there to throw items in and a Community Chest will be there to see the possible prizes :D )

I ask you don't submit yourself, even though that shows great self-esteem and a good self-confidence!
  2. Ever had an EMC bud that helps you out with EVERYTHING ( or almost everything ). seniorpapino

staff member: Eviltoade
  3. I submit KikuDusk, because she is the best person I have ever met. She always helps me with things, from the smallest to forgetting an arrow when we go out in the wastelands, or to the biggest when it comes to tearing down builds and building a new one. Meeting her changed my life, not just my EMC life, my real life to. I love talking to her, infact we call each other sisters to show our great sisterly friendship. I really wanted to nominate her because I wanted to show how much I appreciate her being around. :p
  4. There were community appreciation awards, but the last few month cycles, they've disappeared? :/
  5. Yes when ever I get down I know just where to turn. Seeing this picture always gets me being more positive. For the fate of the owner is further down than I'll ever be.

So I nominate Foxy....For always being there to lift me up and never let me down. I'm never going to give you up and I'm never going to let you down. :rolleyes::eek:
  6. They only happen every 6 months. Before the end of January, the nominations for July - Dec 2016 will be posted.

Now, back to what this player has created. I don't think a public 'like' vote is a very good idea, but that's my opinion. Good luck to all entries.
  7. I want to nominate Khixan. You might not see her as often as me (then again, if you live on SMP8 I guess you're much more likely to run into her. And the same can be said about SMP2 and myself) but you might be using her brainchild even without you knowing it.

I am of course talking about PWU, the SMP8 Public Wild Utilities, to be found on /wild n on SMP8 (obviously).

On the contrary. There was one only last month where the winner had the opportunity to win an absolutely insane prize. However, the aftermath has been kept a little quiet because the organizer had the idea that the possible winners might like to keep things a little low profiled. And I think he was right :)
  8. Think you forgot the P in player lol. Layer of the Month
  9. I have a couple players in mind - they are Philter23 and AmandaMarieXD. While there are a good number of players that I interact with (please forgive me if I don't list you all by name), which speaks to the larger EMC community as a whole, these two stand out. I met Philter23 when he advertised is banner store (smp3 /v 6141) and Amanda for just being on smp4 (my home as well).

Philter23 gave me a tour of his castle (and is it convoluted!) and AmandaMartieXD was just super helpful by donating building materials and making resources available. She even, inadvertently, gave me my first player head when I had to go retrieve my stuff after a creeper killed me while I was trying to find her in a mine.

If you can't count this as a vote for each, please give a half-vote to both because I can't pick between the two.

A very special shout-out goes to Velma_T_Jinkies.

Edit: Second special shout out to Equinox_Boss. He likes this ;)
    SkeleTin007 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. First off, there are quite literally dozens of players that I can think of off the top of my head who would be worrthy of this award, but there's one that sticks out to me the most.

I second this. Khixan has done a great job of spearheading a public project that is unprecedented in its scale. Ever since she first joined, I've like her immensely, her blunt honesty and no nonsense approach are a breath of fresh air, but her work on the PWU on SMP8 has earned her an extreme level of respect in my book. No one embodies the phrase "Be the change you want to see in the world" better than Khixan. She isn't perfect, but no one who has ever worked with her will tell you that she is anything less than the hardest working, most dedicated person they've met. Simply put, she deserves every bit of praise anyone could ever heap on her. She deserves the award.
  11. I nominate Aikar due to the high quality memes that are possible because of him.
  12. Every month seems like a bit often to me.
    I think that generally the same player would get chosen each month.
  13. I nominate ForeverMaster. ForeverMaster has built countless community farms and the best part is he doesn't confine them all to a single smp. He has made them on all smps. There is a good chance if you are using a community farm he had a role in creating it.
  14. I nominate WolfInAction. She works hard to satisfy everyone. She is a friendly community member andgets along withpeople across all smps.
  15. I have alot but if id pick one def moemaczap
  16. My top 3 I nominate are Khixan, Shelluser, and Tbird1128 for they helped EMC and made my EMC experience amazing ;)
  17. Memekar