[Event] Mob Arena: Story Mode Edition

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by JDHallows, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Story Mode Edition
    Theme: The Awakening - An EMC Story
    Hosted by: JDHallows
    Today at 8pm EMC Time
    Join us on /games in the Boss Arena, at the MobArena teleport

To save the Empire,
    we must Go Where No Man Has Gone Before,
    in a Galaxy Far, Far Away,
    where every story starts with "Once Upon A Time,"
    and the answer is always 42.
    In this battle to save the Empire,
    you will face dark Wizards, evil Robots, and wicked Queens,
    and sometimes do some Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff.

To be a part of the story, head to: MobArena on /games

May the odds be ever in your favor.
  2. Unlike normal Mob Arenas, this event will not have "rounds." Rather, we will follow a story line where players will work together as a team to defeat the enemy and save the Empire. Each story line will have a "theme," including some based on popular movies, books, and tv shows.

Note: This will not be like a normal Mob Arena. Some of these story lines will be long, and will be much more difficult than any normal Mob Arena round. This means that Teamwork is the only way to make it to the end of the story. If you want to have a chance at completing the story, then you will need support from many players. This is not a "last player standing" type of event: you will be forced to rely on your teammates (other players in the arena).

This Event is not PvP (player vs player), nor is it even PvE (player vs environment). This event is all about you versus me, the author and narrator of the story. My goal is to make the story difficult for the players, but as with any good story, there will always be some hope.

Meaning there will be times that we do not complete the story, and in fact nobody wins. In these scenarios, depending on time I may rerun the story right after. Other times, I may wait to rerun it and give players another chance another time. (But don't be surprised if there are a few changes in the story ;))
  3. After we finish the story, there will be an Items Round. This will only involve the players still alive at the end of the story and the winner of this round will be granted access to the winner's chests and be allowed to take any dropped items during the Story Mode Mob Arena and the Items Round.
  4. I will be running this for Wacky Wednesday tonight. This is a "trial event" so there may be some hiccups tonight!
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and AhsokaTower like this.
  5. This is different.
    JDHallows likes this.
  6. Sounds interesting! Can't wait to give it a try. :)
    JDHallows likes this.
  7. Time to put my armor on, sharpen my blade, and ready my bow. I will prepare my alchemy. I will steady my nerves and bring much experience into this fight. The hoards will fall. We will triumph. The moon rises, let us bring their own fate to them.
    JDHallows likes this.
  8. Awesome!!! :D
    JDHallows likes this.
  9. Sorry... This event, as many others.. Starts 3 am my time.. Can not attend.

Have fun guys!!
    JDHallows likes this.
  10. This is going down as the greatest story ever told
    JDHallows likes this.
  11. Darn, missed this. >_<
    JDHallows likes this.
  12. Darn wish I could make it tonight, sounds fun! Maybe next week?
    JDHallows likes this.
  13. I will be there today! :D
  14. First time playing mob arena and I won a round! =D cool story, maybe add a prince(or 2) (zombie jockey) that is when the king dies

Cause bows vs. king kinda easy, for the most part
    JDHallows likes this.
  15. I feel like the bows and the entire "3-hit-you're-dead" thing kinda cancel each other out. :I
    JDHallows and Tuqueque like this.
  16. I have made some changes to the setup of this event after running it twice and getting some valuable feedback from many players. Thank you all for the feedback and support for this event! It is still a work in progress, and probably will continue to change over time as needs change. However, so far the response has been very positive, so I do plan to continue running it and see where this new event can take us. Thank you all again, and I look forward to seeing you in the arena! ;)

And as always, may the odds be ever in your favor.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Host.
    Tuqueque and JDHallows like this.
  18. Could you possibly do a second may the 4th one at an earlier time to suit Europeans? If I ever make it to this type of event, I want to make it to this specific one
    JDHallows likes this.
  19. Would 1pm EMC time work?

Edit:

And I will be hosting it, on May 4th :p
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. No now
    Tuqueque and SirTah like this.