[Event] Miner Mania: New Beginnings Edition!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by JDHallows, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Hosted by: Sazukemono
    The fun starts at 11:55 pm EMC time!
    Located in the wastes on SMP3!
    Northern Wastes outpost, then click the sign on the red wool pillar (also to the North in the outpost)

What: We will be mining. It's that simple. No PvP, No competition. Just mining for the resources and to get out of town for a bit. We may also need to defend ourselves from the various nasties that decide to threaten our beginners' village!

What is "New Beginnings?": In New Beginnings, we go out into the waste without bringing any items from town! Like a new single player world, we will start out in a new location and build ourselves up, but as a team. Start punching trees, collecting animals, farming crops, and then we will be able to start mining with a wood pickaxe! (When was the last time you held one of those? :eek:)

Who: Anyone and everyone is invited to join. No matter your experience level in-game you will have fun mining with us!
    Where: The server location will be released in the event broadcast messages with the exact location being released just prior to the event starting. We may be in the Overworld or Nether. Check broadcast for info each week.
    When: This is a special edition event, so it will be the decision of the hosting staff member when to do this instead of the normal Miner Mania. Thus, it will not be held as often as a regular Miner Mania, but if players enjoy it we will do more of them.
    Why: For FUN!
    BrickStrike, N0TSURE, khixan and 16 others like this.
  2. Sounds awesome!
    I may or may not be there :)
  3. i'll see if i can be there ! sounds pretty fun and challenging, which i love.
  4. I can't wait for that! I haven't done this for a while... :p
  5. Ooo.. I like the new beginnings part. :) I'll be traveling at the time of the event but I bet it will be a blast!
  6. I've gone out into the wild empty handed and started a few mini bases. It's fun for awhile but better when people are with you. :rolleyes:
  7. Yay no preparing!!
    ChespinXMas2k16, JDHallows and Abele like this.
  8. Sounds really fun! I will definitely be there
  9. Sounds fun I might be there =3
  10. Hmmmmm
    Now That does sound fun
    JDHallows and Abele like this.
  11. Its always a good time for a new beginning ;)
  12. Sounds fun, too bad I won't be able to make it :( I have a project that'll probably put me over in time. Hopefully I will be able to, but not likely.
  13. If you open yourself up to the idea to play without god gear and such then this can be tons of fun. And I'm not just saying, I speak from experience. Aya and me are doing the exact same thing in our outpost. And trust me: fighting enraged creepers with an iron sword isn't easy! :eek:

Or that moment when you managed to kill a blaze, got some rods from it and while admiring your new (fully) self made brewing stand you suddenly realize: uh oh, it also needs netherwart :D

Seriously: it can be very rewarding to go out mining and also find a good use for all that cobblestone which you'd normally might /dispose because you were aiming for iron and gold. Smelt it into stone, use that to make stone bricks and in no time you got some decent looking path ways and stairs and such.

Awesome idea JD!
  14. Well it was a ton of fun, and I definitely had a blast! (Literally, I was hit by a couple creepers throughout the night). Overall, it seemed to go really well and it looked like people really enjoyed themselves. This type of event will definitely be done again in the future based on the feedback I got.

Thank you all for coming, everyone did an amazing job! I am very impressed with how much you guys did within 2 and a half hours. See you all again soon! :)
  15. The dangerous Kyoko is out of her cell xD Mwahahaha

Also this event was really fun! I hope to see it again in the near future :D
    ChespinXMas2k16 likes this.
  16. was this a one time edition? Or do you plan on doing more? :)

Edit : I read your post above ^^^^ now i see the answer :)
    I hope I can make it to the next one!
    JDHallows likes this.
  17. I will be running this event again tonight for our Miner Mania. I hope to see more of you guys out there, and lets see what we can accomplish!
    ShelLuser, AhsokaTower and Sachrock like this.
  18. I made it last time not sure about tonight. Was fun then and so I imagine it'll be fun again tonight.
    JDHallows likes this.
  19. I'll be bringing nothing but TnT