[event] Friday Night Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by samsimx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. 7 waste?

It had to be 7 :(
  2. EMC time is eastern cost correct?
  3. Correct.
    This week we will be on Smp4 :p
  4. Excuse the double post but please meet online now on Smp4 at the east wastelands. I will wait around 10 minutes before heading out to make sure we don't leave anyone behind. :)
  5. What time zone is this? I tried to search the forums for "EMC time," and found a thread where someone was basically asking how to figure forum time, and Aikar's response was basically to check the time on the thread postings. Is there somewhere to see what the current "EMC Time" is?

Edit: I didn't see that this went to page 2.... I'll catch up
  6. Now you can add this to the Events Calendar!
    http://empireminecraft.com/pages/events/

I wasn't available this past Friday, but I see that apparently nothing happened.
    If any of you want to head out mining some other time besides Friday, I'm often available if I'm on-server.
  7. Oh that's neat. I have a feeling friday is bad for a lot of people(even me) so I may move my time to wednesday if it's okay.
  8. Wed is usually not a good night for me. Weekends are better. I think you should keep the Fri and the name (it's catchy), and just re-schedule as needed. At least if you keep the regular night Fri and add other nights as needed, others can count on it being a regular thing whether everyone can be present or not.
    samsimx likes this.
  9. Just a quick status update:

Since this is an event literally anyone can do/hold I am just going to put it out there that people can bump this thread whenever they wish if they want a mining buddy or two. We will still use this thread for the FNM and head out on fridays, but there are 6 days left in the week that are free. :p

If you wish to take up a weekly day to take people out and mine please PM me and I can add your name to the OP with more details.
    Blackstone71 likes this.
  10. Bumping to see what interest is like for tonight. I am hoping to attend and help set up or host. Did a fun mining outing yesterday with 3 other players and I know it was a lot of fun and everyone made out pretty well.

Anyone who is wanting to attend, please reply with a suggested time frame and smp# plus what type of materials you are most interested in collecting. Just so you know, Diamond mining is usually the most boring and unproductive in group settings, so maybe pick from the following --- deep ore mining -- nether mining -- sand, clay, surface mining.

I think I will fire up my mumble tonight for the first time in a while, so it should be a lot of fun.:D
    Cfcdog13 and samsimx like this.
  11. I'll go. 7:30 EMC time will be best for me. I would be happy doing any kind of mining but deep ore mining or nether mining is preferred. :p
  12. So going to announce this now to see if anyone wants to head around 7:45-8:00 EMC time? Get your gear together and we can meet on smp7 or whatever works for you guys :p
  13. I would love to participate but im perma banned at the momment... I will come if I get unbanned! :D
  14. I will be there :p
  15. Joining now with a friend, and on mumble in a few minutes
    :)
  16. (Responds impressed) I this event is a great idea, Sam, especially for someone like me who can't really find a person to talk to!!:)
    However, I may be unable to join most of time because my family usually wants to have dinner at a restaurant on Fridays; I'm also in the EDT timezone. I guess I'll have to negotiate with my relatives for an alternative date to meet up with you.;)
    samsimx likes this.
  17. Ongoing, group is on smp7 and heading for Northwest wastelands. I think we will be checking out an ice spire biome
    Mumble channel 2 or send a chat to join up.
  18. I could use some packed ice, but it's about 10 P.M EDT for me right now when I'm usually preparing to go to sleep for the night. I know of somethings that can go wrong when one gets little sleep.;)

19. I'm here now if any night owls are wanting to mine.
  20. I'll be heading out around 3:15 EMC time from smp7 northwest wastelands outpost if anyone wants to head with me.