[EVENT] Flag Day Parade: June 15th

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Jun 15, 2016.

1. So hard to decide, but well, I won't then...

I will be there with bells... er .... Flags on. :)
  2. Darn. Emc always has the best events when I am gone on vacation. :(
    AyanamiKun and nuclearbobomb like this.
  3. Thanks for putting on another fantastic event!
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  4. this was FUN! thx so much 4 doing this!

here u see us walking, skeletin was b4 me and if u look at back u also see krysyy! ^.^

and ppl shot heart arrows, i quickly made selfie when shelly was afk ^.^

but i think ppl shouldnt come 2 these events 4 prizes. go here 2 have fun and if u win prize then cool! but if u dont then why the long faces? didnt u have fun?
    SkeleTin007, 607, MrsWishes and 2 others like this.
  5. Very nice for my first EMC event, nice idea. Lots of people, wow! Looking forward to future ones :)
    R

edit: forgot I managed to take a screenshot...
    SkeleTin007, AyanamiKun, 607 and 2 others like this.
  6. Thx for hosting Krysyy it was awesome and really fun!!

P.S. I got 3 of your "You are my wife now" puffer fish!!
    607 and MrsWishes like this.
  7. Sounds fun, sorry I missed it while at work. Hopefully people snapped some nice pics to share. :)
    Kytula likes this.
  8. Parades are love, Parades are life :p
    Kytula and TromboneSteve like this.
  9. The banners i wore during the event
    I chose these one cause those were my favorite to make from my banner shop
    http://imgur.com/a/lblwn

Venezuela

UK

smp8 colors

Isle of Man

Malawi
    Turkey
    Spain
    Smp8 Public Wild Utilities
    European Union
    Jamaica
  10. Oh right I missed this.

Blame me finding mods to get more hours out of Skyrim.
  11. Hey just asking did anyone support New Zealand ;)?
  12. Would have been great if caribbean flags were in like Aruba :(
  13. So sorry I had to go early! This looked so fun. I at least got to partake in some of the parade. Hope everyone had fun and got some cool prizes! It was so great to see all the different flags, even if the shields squished them a little xD
  14. I couldn't make it but it looked like great fun, and it's certainly an interesting idea for an event!
    607 likes this.
  15. First I'd also like to thank the staff for doing this event. It was fun to watch, it was fun to do and I think things like these really define the Empire. A parade, why not?

So for those of you who missed it a synopsis of the happenings...

When you teleported to the location (/v parade on SMP8) you got to a residence where there were several arches and holograms which briefly explained the whole thing. At one point there was a sign which clearly showed that participants were to move forward and spectators had to move to the sideways. Well... They managed to attract a crowd alright!

Just take a look at that line!

Seriously: this is something which quickly impressed me: most players came to the event, saw that you were supposed to form a line and they more or less did. And that was pretty impressive IMO because at some points I really wondered if the whole crowd wasn't simply going to move forward.

Krysyy was explaining what we were going to do, as you can see the line even left the residence!

And Krysyy? Well, senior staff can wear banners as hats and if you're wondering what she was wearing, what else to expect from a Red Dragonish Who'vian? :)

At one point Krysyy's horse ("Slowpoke") made a virtual run for it ;)

Here Krysyy explains the rules, you can now clearly see her Tardis shield as well.

Then the players got to walk across a purpur line which led them across the whole residence, leaving spectators with plenty of options to walk back and forward and see the whole line. Well, I think Aya's snaps above have shown as much (for some reason I don't have many screenshots of the parade itself :D) and at the end they all gathered.

Aya just made it to the finish, Great Brittain meets Japan :)

Also note the background of the above picture; this clearly shows you just how long the parade actually was! Aya was a little bit in front of the line and there are still plenty of players doing the parade here. Looking back I should have done /who or pressed tab, but it was kind of late for me so I wasn't as alert as I normally am :)

Here I lost Aya in the crowd, as you can see people really loved the event!

Next Krysyy decided to do a bit of a drop party. I don't know exactly what got dropped, but I did find a raw fish in my inventory :) But something tells me that wasn't so much because of the event but Aya's doing :p

Next to the drop party 3 winners were also selected by luck of the draw, they each received a random prize varying from a Krysyy head to a nice amount of rupees.

Krysyy also did a trivia... Which I thought was funny because the first question was obviously triggered by my alter-ego <cough, sure, cough> who represented Japan. It seems I don't have logs anymore (Minecraft sometimes messes those up) but it is fun if you see the question and next you know the screen gets flooded with dozens of players saying "japan" :)

The party went on all night (in-game time ofcourse) ;)

So yeah, there you have it! It was a lot of fun to be here, I really enjoyed myself.

Thanks again to the staff for organizing something like this, and of course also thanks to all of us for making the whole thing possible!
  16. Thanks, ShelLuser, I was wondering how it went! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. Thank you for showing this Shel! I had to go early, really wanted to see the turnout. <3
    607 and ShelLuser like this.