[Event] Defend the Castle! - 4/11 @ 9pm EMC

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by ElfinPineapple, Mar 7, 2016.

1. First of all, mercenaries you crack me up almost daily, second, this looks awesome!! Gonna try my best to come :)
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  2. Awesome! I'll definetely be there :)
    The exact coords and smp will be announced right before, right?
  3. This event looks like fun! I am skiing right now, so hopefully it will run again. :)
  4. I'm glad I made someone laugh on a Monday. :D
    ShelLuser and Eviltoade like this.
  5. I guess i can watch Castle on tv while defending a Castle against the dark forces..............
    Eviltoade likes this.
  6. AnonReturns likes this.
  7. Better get volt for this one :p
  8. Sounds very cool. I'll try to be there!
  9. I am a cub scout leader and cubs are on Monday evenings, so I'll have to miss this. :( But have fun. ;)
    Patr1cV, Greylond and AnonReturns like this.
  10. Ooo, I will be a builder!
  11. I may come to one of these once emc updates.
  12. Defend the castle event, eh?

Sounds interesting.
  13. Lava walls will not be permitted at the event tonight. While I do like your thinking when it comes to defending the castle, there's simply too much risk for too little reward involved in using them.
  14. Alright then. Don't know about cows, but I'll bring the chicken eggs!
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  15. Moonglum_, FWRonald and ElectricSparx like this.
  16. Sounds fun!! I dont know if I can make it tonight but I'll try my best. :)
  17. This sounds awesome! I hope I can make it :D
  18. Definitely coming! Can we make golems and bring tamed pets?
  19. Can't see why not. Just be sure not to make them mad at you. ;)
  20. Good work, this meme must be kept alive at ALL costs.

On topic: this seems like quite a good idea. Why not expand it into a full-blown War of the Wastelands? Let people who are good at building create abandoned sites in Creative, then send it to staff privately, then they can pick one and plant it in the Wastelands with WorldEdit for the next event.

Also maybe add an element of strategy. Post pictures of 3 sites, each with different types of loot, enemies, with each site taking you a different 'distance' to the enemy capital, a megabuild with the best loot and strongest enemies. So, one site might leave you 3 fights away from the capital, and would be low risk, but another might leave you 1 fight away, but would be higher risk and higher difficulty. Let people vote on which site to assault, then whichever one wins is WorldEdited in to a random location, and the event begins.

Also, award additional loot to players depending on if they sustain a low number of deaths (relative to the average, maybe have a kill/death leaderboard?) and if the group as a whole has a low number of deaths (relative to the number of participants). And maybe find a way to reward players who vote in favour of the winning site where a successful battle takes place, and those who didn't vote for the winning site where the battle wasn't successful.
    RainbowChin, NathanRP and Tigerstar like this.