[ EVENT ] Community Appreciation Award

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by deathconn, Mar 16, 2021.

?

Should staff host this event again?

Yes! 8 vote(s) 72.7%
Yes but in koala 3 vote(s) 27.3%
No >:( 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Community Appreciation Award

In the past, EMC has awarded players of the community a Community Defender for their unselfish acts in the community. Since 2015, the event has been on halt due to abuse of the voting system, according to Krysyy in 2017. Although I cannot stop the voting abuse full force, I ask that every player vote only once, and with no alternate accounts.

This event is to acknowledge community members who have given exceptional attention to the community, helping new players and any one else who may need it. This community is so large and so kind that I have decided to created this event after a long 6 year hiatus, giving away my Community defender award from 2014. As reference, you can find the 2014 event post by clicking right here.

How this event works:
    • Unlike previous years, this event will be of a span of 4 months rather than 6 months from previous years. Although it's a shortened time frame, I believe it will be a sufficient enough time to build a repour in the community
    • You are given 2 nominations for this event and only one attempt at the voting system. I've decided not to require a google sign in, which would fully restrict players from voting more than once. Not all players have a google account and I wouldn't think it would be fair. Given that information, this event will be run off of boy scouts honor, please only vote ONCE! (We'll be checking)
    • Those who vote twice will be banned from the event as well as a stripped of their nominations
    • The winners will be announced after my koala's little helpers review the results and the 4 month period has ended
    How to be recognized and earn nominations:

• Being polite, respectful and well mannered towards members of the community
    • Involving yourself in the community
      • Thoughtful and attentive posts on the forums
      • Contributing to and creating discussions and debates - being respectful whilst doing so.
    • Helping all players, new and old
    • Showing initiative and organizing fun, well planned events and contests
    • Helping promote/others promote EMC
    Creating giveaways, holding drop parties, and giving away rupees may result in nominations, but it may not win you the award. The basis of this event is to encourage all players to incorporate themselves in the community and make new friends along the way!
    By all means, this is not a popularity contest! Me and my accomplices helpers will strive to cut down on invalid nominations, so please do your best to explain why you believe they deserve this award!
    Without further ado please vote by clicking
    HERE
    Voting Ends around July 16th, 2021!
  2. Saved slot for winner announcement :)
    liamwill likes this.
  3. I’ve decided to accept any donations for runner up prizes! Please PM me for donation inquiries and you’ll be added to the main post! :)
    liamwill and The_Mancub like this.
  4. Bump, spread the word!
  5. I wonder who are those little helpers... :rolleyes:
    liamwill likes this.
  6. Oh boy we're back.

Bump so that we can continue this event!
    Fred_TWK and liamwill like this.