[EVENT] Build Contest on a SPAWN RESIDENCE and potentially win over 100,000 rupees!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by TheDarkAngel7, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Hey EMCers,

It's the darkest angel of them all... the last time I posted on the forums was back in 2021, but here I am with an event for y'all to participate in!

Some of you may or may not know this, but back in September of last year, I claimed a residence right next to /spawn on smp8, more specifically 16002! After brainstorming ideas and well... drawing a blank on it for all this time... I've decided to do something about it!

Supplies: You'll be allowed to use your vault so just stuff all the materials you need in your vault. However, be sure to only bring supplies that are expendable as you will not be able to recover these supplies after the event.

There is a twist to the contest which I will reveal during brainstorming and before building starts.

1st: Everyone will be divided into two teams, TheLightTeam and TheDarkTeam (some of you probably know where those names came from), and you will share a 29x60xbuild limit area on my spawn residence, the residence is divided right down the middle so both team's builds will be visible to spawn.

2nd: Both teams will have 4 hours to build their hearts out in their section of the residence, the theme for this contest is Christmas/2023 New Year.

3rd: After the 4 hours has elapsed you will lose your permissions to build. The winners will be decided by a community vote! I will post screenshots on the forums with a poll and everyone can vote for their favorite build.

Time and Place

This event will take place on the residence immediate west of spawn on smp8.
    Res Number: 16002, smp8
    Day: December 31st, New Year's Eve
    Time (Meetup): 5:30 PM - 6 PM EMC Time
    Time (Brainstorming amongst your teammates): 6 PM - 6:30 PM EMC Time
    Building Time: 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM EMC Time (Building Ends exactly at 10:30 PM)

Building starts at 6:30 PM, at that point, it's too late to join the event. The join window for this event is between 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM EMC Time.

REWARDS
    First thing I want to say before I talk about these rewards... I hate sending people away from a contest without a prize. So, win or lose you will be getting something from this event.

After the community has decided who won (poll will be open throughout January), the winners will split a pot of 1,000,000 rupees! Also, if I must place more rupees into the pot to ensure everyone gets an equal share, I will! So, for example if there was 8 players on the team, each will receive 125,000 rupees! However, if 15 players were on the team, I will be placing another 500k into the pot and everyone will be getting 100k.

The team that lost the community vote will still be splitting a DC of Diamonds.

Both teams will also be splitting a DC of Emerald Blocks!

Wait! That's Not All...

Each player will get to nominate an MVP of their team, that MVP could be the player that did the most building, had the most creative idea of your build, or even had the funniest joke of the night, lol.

In any case, during the final hour of the contest each player will receive a book and quill. In those book and quills each player should write the name of one of their teammates they want to nominate for MVP of the team. Each player will sign these book and quills and submit them back.

The player who receives the most MVP nomination votes by their teammates will be crowned MVP of the team and receive a Diamond Supporter Voucher!
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun, DarkAngel! Thanks for putting it together. I can't wait to see what people build. :D

Would you like to have it added to the event calendar? The community form for adding events isn't working right now, but I'd be happy to add it manually.
    BreezyMan and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. Go for it :D
    MoreMoople likes this.
  4. It sounds like this would be really fun!!
    As I read, it seems that showing up at 5:30 on the New year's Eve is how you enter. But how are teams being chosen/assigned/drawn?
    BreezyMan likes this.
  5. Yes, all you have to do is show up. For teams, I'm still undecided on how they're chosen but that decision will have been made on the day of the event. I am leaning toward just letting everyone choose their own teams and then altering them as fit.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  6. Alright folks we have about 6 hours to the event, I hope to see y'all there!
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  7. wen will the voting start
  8. just wondering waht the final resulds were
    dind get to look at

did get the 500k tnx did actuly pay some 1 to make art looks alrady rilly nice