[Event] Alt appreciation event => nice prizes, alts preferred!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by GripCEO, Aug 1, 2016.

1. And heres the funny-yet-not-so-funny story:

Panda sits there at events, and at drop parties, he gets some prizes. He also collects some promos for events :p
  2. this would have been soo much easier if shell had explained the rules instead of "i need coffee, u do prizes pls" :rolleyes: hope i do this right... :confused:

1st round: imma reading posts

1st winner: Endermagic1 & ShaneKas 4 funny argument! ^.^
    => both win Notch apple!
    2nd winner: TigerBooks, ur story is sooo true!
    => wins golden apple.
    3rd winner: VaultPage 4 having funny & creative name ^.^
    => can only win vault voucher, lol! ^.^
    4th winner: Capt_Bloodbeard 4 cool story! ^.^
    => my favorite story 4 roleplay, so Cap wins my head! :eek:

2nd round: imma draw random numbers!

Prize grouping:
    1. vault voucher
    2. stable voucher + 2 haunted candy
    3. freedom steak + Krysyy signature
    4. arbo guide + villager egg + 2 haunted candy
    5. plot bam + villager egg + 2 haunted candy
    6. wither skeleton skull + golden apple (u need it if u gonna get wither!)
    7. GripCEO + mob heads (slime & cave spider), he should feel right at home ^.^
    8. boat + weird block + 2 haunted candy
    And the winners:
    1. #39 -> NathanRP
    2. #21 -> FDNY21
    3. #127 -> 607
    4. #66 -> ExExUnderscore
    5. #22 -> TigerBooks
    6. #31 -> JkBroCalmDown
    7. #61 -> BenMa
    8. #4 -> GeneralWillikers
    3nd round: bonus round 4 8 haunted candy! :eek: ^.^

And the winner: #7 - Allicanto!

Soz 4 not sharing random.org screenshots 2day. it took me 30min to get all the numbers right, and sharing all those pictures would be really hard :confused:

Hope u liked the giveaway alt event! ^.^
  3. Ah, nice, it had been a while since I won something in a giveaway! :D
    Thanks! Also thanks for hosting, because OrangeDuck607 seems to have had some fun with writing the story... :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Is it finished? :p
  5. Ayy, I actually won something? :p

Mail is fine for me! :)

Thanks for the giveaway!
    607, ShelLuser and AyanamiKun like this.
  6. Shelly & me mailed most prizes b/c we knew ppl could get them. Endermagic1: u got prize for both ur alt & u ^.^

Prize also sent 2u2! ^.^
  7. Sorry, you were too late. One tip though: instead of posting several messages (which can make things confusing) it's usually better to edit your post. See the 'Edit' link below it.

Yups, sorry. Better luck next time! :)

But, but, but... my coffee was getting cold! :p
    607 likes this.
  8. sure, mailing is good
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  9. I won something, woo! Thanks! :D Glad I was the one to update the title now :p
  10. sorry for almost double posting but was "very" busy at the time of my post and i wanted to take you guys for this amazing give-away :p
    never have seen a give-away for alts yet till now :)

and yes i know you can edit a post but i think it would be overseen then :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. I will PM you who to send my prize to. Thanks!
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  12. 14 Please? One time I had an entire conversation in town chat with my main and other alt and when other people joined we started debating and arguing with eachother. It was pretty fun.
  13. Alt event aftermath

This event is now officially over!

All prizes have been sent. I also removed myself from all the PM's where people told me where the prize(s) could be sent to. Not only will this prevent (highly unlikely) accidents, but will also ensure that I'll most likely won't recall any alts in a few weeks time.

There's one final thing though: some players asked me about the signed books and I think it's only fair to share that here as well:
    • The signed books are not promo items, they're just regular signed books which I wrote.
    • These books are not being sold nor do I give any extra copies away. So they are pretty rare.
    • And yes, both books have a story behind them...
    The Plot bam
    AussieZaid was one of my first friends on SMP2. We sometimes hung out together, had fun together and at one time we started talking about residence bans (I don't remember all details). This eventually resorted to plot ban and soon became a plot bam.

So at one time (during a weekend, of course :rolleyes:) I was in a very funny mood and we started joking about selling stupid things. "I wonder if people are dumb enough to buy a plot bam", we thought. So why not put this to the test?

And so I wrote this book. It's actually a certificate of some sort which could be redeemed through either Aussie or me and as a reward you'd be banned from our residence :p

In total 4 (now 5) copies exist. I have the original, Aussie has a copy (obviously) because it involved his residence as well and I've given 2 away through my shops freebie chest. Something which Aussie and me considered very funny because... Would someone actually claim their "prize" sometime? :D

The Arbor guide
    This one is definitely rare: only 2 (now 3) copies exist, where one is the original which I have.

This story began when RainbowChin announced Arbo day 2015: Plant a tree. Through the promo system all players could claim a regular sapling and the idea was to plant it, grow it and optionally share pictures (seriously: this is still one of my favourite promo offers to this date, because the emphasis didn't like on monetary value for a change!).

Once again I was in a funny mood and started talking about how I could "cheat" in creating more arbo promo items. I offered the Arbo promo item for "only" 2500r. Much to my surprise Dufne took me up on my offer and paid me 2500r: "One Arbo promo please" :D That posed a little bit of a problem (I was still somewhat of a newbie back then) and obviously I wasn't going to sell a sapling for 2500r.

No, I had a better idea: The Arbo promo package:p

This promo package consisted of 7 Birch logs, 53 birch leaves, one pair of shears, one axe and... You guessed it: the Arbo guide which was basically an assembly guide which explained how to rebuild the Birch tree. Heavily influenced by an Ikea guide.

I still need to grin when thinking back about that sillyness, good times! :)

And that concludes the Alt event!

I hope you guys had fun, I know I sure had, and remember to appreciate your alts this month! :)
    607, EnderMagic1 and Dufne like this.
  14. I'm so famous! :p
    607, AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  15. Great. You sent the prize to me. Now my alt is going to be bickering and yelling and screaming over the prize. D: Well, thanks for the giveaway.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  16. im sure he'll understand if u tell him that this saved me 50r 4 mail, he seems like a nice guy 2 me ^.^
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. Thank you so much! I appreciate it! awesome gift <3
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Arrr.... what a fine surprise it be... to get a head sent to me. First one i didnt have to 'harvest' miself.
    T'will make a luverly aďdition in mi next ship. In a place of high honour!

Cheers to ya.
    AyanamiKun, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  19. thank you for hosting this :)
    AyanamiKun, ShelLuser and 607 like this.