Endermen tracking endermites

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Wyvern26, Jul 15, 2017.

1. I just finished building an enderman farm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6qYDjdNac
    and noticed it didn't work at all!

At first I saw the endermen on the spawning platform were stationary and not tracking the endermite in the minecart. I pushed an enderman closer to the drop. It was at about a distance of 8 blocks between the the endeman and the endermite before the enderman noticed the endermite and fell down the hole himself.

According to the wiki: Endermen can spot endermites from a distance of 64 blocks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
  2. Wyvern26 and FadedMartian like this.
  3. I've tried it again standing very close to the endermen and endermite. I found the enderman is aggressive towards the endermite at a distance of about 16 blocks. In the changes it says that mobs that are aggressive to another entity are immune from the entity activation range.

Does this mean that only once the enderman becomes aggressive will it track entities up to 64 blocks away?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Well, according to the Minecraft wiki the behavior is a little more specific:

5. Did you ever get this working? I've built it just like the tutorial, tried everything I can think of and can't get the Endermen interested in the Endermite at all. Do I need to shorten the walkway?
  6. How far away from a player must endermen be in order to attack endermites?
  7. I did like Wyvern and scooted an Endermen close enough for it to aggro the Endermite but at that point I had spent several hours building it and was too frustrated to do any calculations. I'm going to work on it some more and I'll report back. I imagine I'm going to have to greatly reduce the distance from the endermite to the spawn platform. It won't be nearly as efficient but at this point I'll be happy if it just works.
  8. Good luck, I would recommend making all spawning spaces within 16 blocks of the endermite.

I was never able to get the farm working but hopefully if you do it will still have good rates. You'll get the efficiency from having the farm very low in the world.
  9. I'm pretty sure Aikar stopped enderman tracking enderpearl endermites, I PM-ed him on the forums a bit ago about it I believe, and he told me that... I'll have to search through
  10. I would really like to know his reasoning as for why he did that.
  11. I did some modifications and got it working with the spawn platform much closer. They do run towards the endermite and drop down like they're supposed to, but like a dope I built it too close to a nearby island so I'm having to flood it with water/light it up and I'm getting a little tired of falling into the void! Hopefully once I do that I'll get the spawn rates up; I was getting about 4 endermen per minute, which was not exactly ideal.
  12. I would guess it's to reduce lag but I'd like to know to.

If you've got it semi-working I might give it a go myself again.
  13. Well it's working! And that's about all I can say. To really test it's efficiency I would need to rebuild it away from this second end island but I *really* don't want to do that. If anyone wants to fix it, check it out or whatever, it's on SMP5. /fnether, cross the nether bridge, take a right and go through the portals, take another right once you're in the end, and pop through the end gate that has spruce logs at the bottom of the staircase up to it. From the other side, just look for the corner with the mossy stone walls and good luck!

And yes, it does need to be within 16 blocks for the endermite to attract the endermen.
  14. [Update] I went back and tore it down, moved it well past 120 blocks from the nearest island, and rebuilt it with the correct aggro range for endermites. Unfortunately it seems like on EMC this just isn't a very efficient farm design. I can only ever get two endermen to spawn at once, and believe me when I say there is no other place for them to be spawning. You'd probably be better off just building a couple of 2 high ceiling platforms in a dark part of the end and circling between them for farming purposes. Regardless I left the farm up and running, same directions as above.
  15. I tried moving the spawning platform closer to the chute and found the same: only two endermen would spawn.
  16. That was a really helpful link. Thanks!